
Wow, I haven't had a chance to actually post in a while - Briana is a bundle of energy and when she is awake, we don't have time to do anything! Yesterday, our travel group headed over to the Chongqing Zoo to see the giant pandas. They were so cool. The pandas and giraffes were the best part. The zoo itself was ok - nothing like the zoos in the states. But definitely worth the visit. Then last night, the group went out for dinner. One of the couples in our travel group is Chinese American, and they ordered a bunch of large plates for all of us to try. Talk about handy! Ha! They were such a great help and dinner was very good. Unfortunately, Briana was VERY wiggly and spent the entire time on my lap. Doug was amazed that I ate my entire dinner with chopsticks in my right hand - and I am left handed. You do what you have to do to eat! I have probably lost about 5 pounds already while being here. Forget exercise machines, just adopt a one year old - ha!
Today was two hour paperwork day. Ugh - I can't tell you how happy I am it is over. I went and did all the CIS/INS paperwork while Doug hung out with Briana. I was so impressed - I got back to the hotel room at almost 1PM and Doug had fed Briana a bottle and she was napping. What a guy! I think I will keep him! I was worried about leaving because Briana cries now when I leave the room, but Doug was a pro!
Doug and I had dinner on our own tonight and Briana was a perfect angel at dinner. Sat on my lap with no squirming (the restaurant we went to didn't have high chairs). Where was this angel at dinner yesterday? Anyway, it took a long while to get Briana to sleep tonight. I had to walk the hallway with her until she fell asleep. I guess I really am a mom now.
Well, I am pooped - off to bed. I will write from Guangzhou tomorrow!
Here are pics from the zoo and dinner...
Daddy and Briana at the zoo.

A very sleepy baby.

Daddy being silly with Briana.

Our group at the zoo.

Three of the mamas - me with Briana, Amy with Leah and Jennifer with Eva.

Briana being a character at dinner.
20 Kind Words:
Love the pics! She is so sweet and what a great smile! Gota run! Kathy and Lisa will be here any minute. I pulled your blog up so that you are with us in spirit :D
What fun photos! Briana's really going at the bottle =:D. She looks like she's really happy and having a great time. Well, of course, mommy and daddy are her personal assistants, cooks, travel coordinators and tour guides!
So happy to hear how well things are going and that Briana is settling in so well. Hmmm...looking forward to when I can try the 'Adopt a 1yo' diet. That's probably the only one I haven't tried. :o)
Enjoy!!
It looks like you are having a blast with baby B!
Tracy
LID 11/22/05 (p.s. - it is official - we are NEXT!! They got through 11/21/05 this time)
What fun and it looks like you're having a great time. We missed you at lunch today but we had you there in spirit and on the computer.
She is a delight! Her smiles warms my heart.
Keep smilin!
I love that first pic - especially the way her hair curls a little around her ears. SO adorable!!!
Welcome to Motherhood, you may never enjoy a (hot) meal again =)
Goodness! She is so stinkin' CUTE!!! I just love Briana's smile!
You are a mom - 110%! How exciting!
Be safe in your travels.
She's such a cutie! It's obvious that you and Doug are enjoying being parents...as you should after waiting for so long!! :) It warms my heart to read about all your "firsts" as a family. Thanks for sharing your journey!
Could this kid be any cuter?
Those are wonderful photos! Looks like everyone is having a great time.
Glad all that paperwork is behind you now.
As a lefty myself I am not amazed you were able to eat with your right hand, living in a right handed world, we tend to be more flexible! Doug should try with his left hand!!
Can't wait until you get home.
LOVE that smile!!!! What a happy girl she is...congrats Mama and Baba!
Love, love, love the pics. What happiness :0)
ove the last photo, Briana looks ssooooo happy! (as of course do you Lisa)
Such wonderful pictures. Briana looks so happy and content :0
Love the updates!
Hey, you know, you need a new blog now. Something like http://brianaishere.blogspot.com. :-)
Oh Lisa - you both look so happy. Little Briana is too cute for words. Look at all her hair!!! Will she let you put anything in it?? LOL....
The Mom job is a toughie but so rewarding...OMG and that paperwork day? How horrible was that? ICK!
SHOP SHOP SHOP when you hit Guangzhou. And go to Lucy's. You get the COLDEST beer and water there. Good stuff.
She has a smile that lights up her WHOLE face. It sounds like you guys are doing great.
And I'm glad to hear there's a weight loss benefit in this adoption package!
Her smile just gets bigger and bigger:)
Post a Comment