October 10, 2011
Blessing of the Animals
Last Wednesday after Briana's PSR (religion) class, there was a short parade that all the kids participated in to celebrate "The Blessing of the Animals." The kids each received an adorable animal hat then they proceeded behind a statue of St. Francis of Assisi around the parking lot while singing "Old Saint Francis had a Farm." Many people brought their pets to be blessed by the priests after the parade. Bri asked why we didn't bring Asia (our cat) to be blessed and I reminded her that Asia absolutely hates with a deep passion dislikes car rides. I think I saw one cat and one bird that day, but otherwise there were mainly dogs. The parade was really cute and I have a short video at the end of this post of the procession. Enjoy the pics!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 Kind Words:
Briana looks like she was having a wonderful time.
Post a Comment