I got a winter progress report for Briana. Ms. Janet said she is doing wonderfully and will do great in Kindergarten next year. Below is the first sheet of the report. I actually started to laugh when I saw it...
Yep, she got one "seldom." Briana seldom listens without interrupting. Ever. Because that would mean Briana would have to keep an opinion or thought to herself for five whole seconds. We had a little talk about the "seldom" on her report, but I don't see her quieting down any time soon. I honestly think her head will explode if she isn't able to express a thought immediately. ;)
Briana has been obsessed with watching "Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer." After watching the show, Bri and I had a long talk about differences and how it isn't nice to make fun of people who are different. And at the end, Rudolph's difference made him special because he was the only one that could help Santa deliver the presents on Christmas Eve. It was actually a wonderful way to talk about embracing differences. Briana got to watch Rudolph at school the other day (after she had watched it a few times at home already), and Ms. Carrie (the assistant teacher) said Briana was providing commentary throughout the program about differences, etc. Ms. Carrie thought it was really cute (I could tell it was a bit exhausting for her as well - but cute. :D).
Bri has asked a few general questions about adoption and babies being in bellies in the last few months. She doesn't ask me questions like that too often, but I am honest with her when she does ask me. She also asked me yesterday why some people have light skin and some people have dark skin. I explain everything to her as well as I can while trying to stay on a 4 year old level.
She is smart. So observant. So caring and sensitive. I love that she wants to know every little thing. On the other hand, there are times that she exhausts me. She asks me questions that I can't possibly know. A question like, "Why did the person at that house over there put that reindeer in his yard?" I sigh, "I don't know Briana. I don't know who that person is." We can't watch a TV show without fifty questions. I read a book to her and she often interrupts with questions. I know it is an age thing and a "Briana" thing. And I honestly don't ever want her to stop asking questions because I know she feels comfortable talking to me and asking those questions. At times, I just need some more strength and patience to be able to keep answering them!
If you have been reading my blog long enough, you also realize how
Well, I can't say she doesn't keep me on my toes.









4 Kind Words:
Lisa,
Love this post. All those silly faces so remind me of my Lily. And the questions! Always the questions here too!
Love the progress report, but I think you need to ask a question yourself. Why does Ms. Janet make all her checkmarks backwards?
Wow...this post just made me smile and giggle and nod my head - a lot. What an adorable little girl your Brianna has become. I can almost hear her spewing out all her questions.
Dahlia isn't in Brianna's leaque (tho when Milana really gets going she might be so I'm bracing myself) but Dahlia does ask a lot of questions. And is shocked when I don't know the answer. (Like to "why the people in that house have a reindeer in their yard?". Or like "why do we breath air?" or "why is there grass on the ground?" And then when I say that I don't know she retorts with "but I thought you knew everything".
={
Happy Holidays!! Enjoy them with that sweet girl of yours.
Toooo CUTE..
Briana is full of fun ...
I can tell she keeps you on your toes..
Love it..
Hugz..
I got the biggest chuckled out of that one special little checkmark. What a smart little girl you have there. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment