So, Doug and Bri went out into the drizzle to experience 5th Avenue. I'm very glad we decided to go to "The Edge" the night before because the rest of our trip was either overcast, drizzly or rainy.
I rested in the hotel room while Doug and Bri hit Rockefeller Center, the Lego Store and a few shops on 5th Avenue...
The Lego Store...
After spending a couple of hours shopping and site-seeing, Doug and Bri came back to the hotel.
That evening, we had a reservation at a restaurant that we visited the first time we came to NYC. It is a Spanish restaurant/paella bar called Socarrat and it is so good - which is why we were returning. We got an Uber and headed to 2nd Avenue in Midtown East...
It was not crowded at all. We ordered calamari, Jamón Ibérico and carne paella. It was sooo delicious. I actually enjoyed the meat paella over the seafood paella we ordered years ago.
Unfortunately, I think we all indulged a little too much (it was that yummy) and we all felt pretty full afterward. Again, I paid for my food choices that night with some heartburn and didn't sleep all that well. Awesome in the moment, not so great a few hours later. But I was in NYC and I knew I was taking some risks on vacation.
I did feel a bit better by morning, so it was off to a museum for all of us the next morning. All about Broadway next...









0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment