December 13, 2025

The Second Half Of November

Dang - it's been a month since I have blogged. Things have been pretty busy lately. Shopping, decorating, wrapping, LOTS of appointments (for me and for Bri...Bri has been trying to get all of her doctor/hair/dentist appointments completed during her Christmas break), celebrating Thanksgiving, getting together with friends and family, etc. 

The holidays are just a crazy time.
 
But, I am loving having my girl home and I don't want to think about her having to go back to school come January. So I won't right now. (By the way, she did end up getting an A in her figure drawing class! Woot!)
 
 In my last post, I said I would show you some of my Thanksgiving decor, so here it is...
 
 

This is the dresser in my bedroom...
 
My Thanksgiving platter...
 
Once Briana came home, Doug and Bri started attending their weekly D&D game again that they enjoyed so much over the summer...

Bri and I were out and about one day, and we decided to stop for lunch at Cheeseburger Bobby's and then dessert at Menchies. Look at the cute little setup they had in front of the burger place. Bri is always so sweet and allows me to take a picture of her...
 
Another day that Bri and I were out and about, we met up with Doug for lunch at our local Mellow Mushroom - and they had an "Elf" pop up for Christmas. It was so fun!









Of course, we watched "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" before Thanksgiving...
 
And the night before Thanksgiving, we watched Season 5, Episode 1 of "Stranger Things"... 

Then Thanksgiving morning was upon us. I got the turkey prepared the day before, but Doug got up early on Thanksgiving to pop it in the oven. Briana was able to watch Huntrix on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade...
 

We were looking cute that day!


My parents hosted Thanksgiving dinner at their house. Doug sliced up the turkey and we brought it with us. We were able to catch the Rockettes and Santa arrive at the end of the parade when we arrived at my parents' house...
 
Thanksgiving festivities (the food was delish)...
 
Briana is definitely the shortest cousin now!
 
After a great day with the family, we came home and I watched the famous WKRP turkey episode...
 
The day after Thanksgiving, B met up with her friend Mary for lunch...
 
And the final cool thing Doug, Bri and I did in November was see "The Outsiders" at the Fox Theater. Bri really wanted to see it and I was kind of indifferent about it at the time. Once I saw it though, I understand why it won the Tony Award. It was so good! Highly recommend.
  






The cast...



Somehow - D, B and I often manage to catch a musical when the Broadway Cares/Red Bucket fundraiser is happening. To do our part, we purchased a poster with the casts' autographs on it...

After the show, we went to one of our favorite Asian restaurants where I ordered chicken and Doug and Bri shared duck...

So, we had a very nice November overall. 
 
I am going to start blogging all about the Christmas season soon, but first, I will post next about my health (again) and how I am doing both mentally and physically.  I always feel the need to do an update since this is always an ongoing thing for me and such a big chunk of my life - but I have some interesting updates.
 
 I'll be back soon. Hope you all are having a good holiday season so far!

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails