March 9, 2026

All About February (CNY, Valentine's Day, Bri Visits And More)


February was a busy month for us. Despite my daily struggle with chronic illness, I really try to keep going. We had holidays to celebrate, I needed/wanted to see my friends again after my month long elimination diet and we spent some time with our best girl.

I already blogged all about our visit to SCAD TV Fest weekend - which was a lot of fun...

I also talked about (in my food post) having a few lunches throughout the month with some of my close gal pals to get back into life again.

The morning of Groundhog Day, I woke up and watched Punxsutawney Phil predict 6 more weeks of winter. Well, he was a bit off for the south because we are full on springtime here in Georgia now...

It was kind of nice that Valentine's Day and CNY didn't overlap this year. Valentine's Day gets a little drowned out here sometimes because of CNY. Doug and I decided to have a quiet lunch together that day and we didn't exchange gifts this year. It just wasn't necessary. We would rather spend time together.

I decorated my dining room with my favorite Valentine's Day goodies - even though Bri wasn't here...


Doug and I went to one of our favorite sushi restaurants for lunch. We got a little dressed up...

I was so excited because I hadn't had sushi in weeks. The restaurant was decorated with balloons...

The ambiance was lovely and the food delicious...

Briana had a Galentine's evening on Valentine's Day with some of her school besties...

She looked so lovely in her dress...


A couple of days after Valentine's Day, it was the start of CNY. Of course, I decorated my house (Bri was coming home for a visit)...



Year of the Horse...


I made magnets out of some of my favorite erasers...

I keep this display/pictures up all year round...

I keep these out all year round as well...

I actually discovered these right after CNY, but I bought a couple of them for next year. They are Baby Three (Blind Boxes). This is their CNY collection. They are so cute...

Briana came home for a weekend during CNY. It is always the best getting to see her and spend time with her...

We went to our favorite Chinese restaurant for a nice dinner. This was my outfit...

A lovely dinner...


SCAD also wished everyone a Happy CNY...


While B was home, we also voted in a local election...

Bri and I made a much needed trip to World Market...

And B spent lots of time with her favorite furry person...

So that was our February - minus a number doctor appointments and blood draws for me (but what else is new). 

Briana is coming home again in a few days for her spring break. I am excited to see her. She is looking so forward to sleeping in her own bed and having some alone time. Living with 3 other girls every day - even though they are friends - can be exhausting for an introvert at heart. I will probably do a quick update on how she has been doing at SCAD in my next post. 

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails