On Day 7 of our Maui vacation, we decided to go explore the white sand beach that was right at our hotel - DT Fleming Beach Park on Honokahua Bay. I can't believe we didn't get to a white sand beach until Day 7, but we did finally manage get there.
It's definitely a walk to get down to the beach (the resort is huge)...
This sign was right at the beach entrance...
The beach isn't huge, but it is definitely beautiful (and not too crowded that day)...
The weather was gorgeous...
The water was so pretty...
I could sit forever listening to the waves...
We spent a little while walking around and enjoying the sand and water. We then decided to have lunch at the little beachfront bar right next to the beach - Burger Shack...
Look at the crystal blue water...
Bri was thrilled with this ice cream sundae - it was beautiful but ginormous...
We had just had Cool Cat Cafe two days before, so I was debating on whether or not I really wanted another burger (they had other items too). Doug had heard really good things about the burgers, so I decided to go for it (again).
Mine was pretty good, but not close to the Cool Cat Cafe burger in my opinion (Doug on the other hand loved his burger at Burger Shack - it was a bacon blue burger)...
We were given free macadamia nut cookies and those were the bomb...
I was a little surprised by the rooster that was walking around looking for scraps. He was really pretty though...
After lunch, we walked around the resort a little more and then headed back to the room. We had big plans for that evening - a sunset sail.
Bri was thrilled with this ice cream sundae - it was beautiful but ginormous...
We had just had Cool Cat Cafe two days before, so I was debating on whether or not I really wanted another burger (they had other items too). Doug had heard really good things about the burgers, so I decided to go for it (again).
Mine was pretty good, but not close to the Cool Cat Cafe burger in my opinion (Doug on the other hand loved his burger at Burger Shack - it was a bacon blue burger)...
We were given free macadamia nut cookies and those were the bomb...
I was a little surprised by the rooster that was walking around looking for scraps. He was really pretty though...
After lunch, we walked around the resort a little more and then headed back to the room. We had big plans for that evening - a sunset sail.



























1 Kind Words:
Oh that sundae! Bet the cookies were good too.
Post a Comment