March 3, 2015

FCCA Chinese New Year Dinner 2015


I am so happy that we were able to attend the FCCA/Hand in Hand Chinese Culture Program's CNY event this year. We missed it last year because we were heading out to Disney.

The event was held at a restaurant that is about an hour away from where I live, but it's worth the drive to be able to give this experience to Briana. We were so happy that our friends Laura and Ella joined us for the occasion (we drove together).

It was held at the Golden House restaurant...

The restaurant is really pretty...

Love all the red and gold...

A large fish tank at the entrance...

As we all walked in, the families had their picture taken (I swiped a few of my photos from the Hand in Hand FB page)...

Briana and Ella...

We were so happy when April and her family arrived...

Bri, April, Ella and Laura...

And then Miss Katie and her parents arrived too. Perfect photo opp of four exquisite ladies...

The girls kept themselves busy before the entertainment started. Spinning chocolate gold coins worked...

The girls all bought tickets for the raffle...

Then it was show time. These two girls emceed the entertainment...

A lovely Chinese dancer started things off...



Then there was a martial arts act...



Then several groups of kids came up to break boards. April, Ella and Katie were in one of the groups (Bri didn't get up there fast enough to make the cut!)...


Then it was time for the Lion Dance...










The dance was simply amazing.

The kids got to pose with the lions after the performance...









Then it was food time. We were all pretty hungry when the food came out. And it was delicious...


While we were eating, they started giving out the raffle prizes. Miss Ella was one of the winners!!


Bri was picked to read one of the raffle numbers...

She read the number loud and clear. She didn't seem nervous at all. I was really proud of her...

After dinner, it was announced that the firecrackers were about to start. I was very curious as to what they meant because we were inside a restaurant. Then I realized it was just sheets of bubble wrap. When all the kids stomp on the bubble wrap at one time, it sounds just like firecrackers. Who knew? It was really cool...




Then sadly, it was time for goodbyes...

Lots of hugs to go around...

Pretty girls...

So sassy!!!

Me and my best girl...

I want to give a big thank you to the FCCA and Hand in Hand for putting this wonderful event together. It was a great night, and I'm so glad we got to be a part of it.

(To read about some of the other things we did for CNY ~ click http://waitingforbriana.blogspot.com/2015/03/celebrating-chinese-new-year.html.)

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails