February 27, 2021

Hilton Head Vacation 2021 - Day 4

The main word for Day 4 (Thursday) of our trip...fog.

So much fog - which hung around most of the day. It was also misty and breezy but not as cold as the day before...

I woke up and I couldn't see the ocean in the distance...




Doug asked if I wanted to take a walk with him, but I wasn't feeling it that day. Bri wasn't either. So, he took a long walk on the beach on his own...

I opted to sit out on the deck again, even in the mist, to enjoy what little of the ocean I could see...

Wishful thinking about going back to Broadway again someday...

I had a little fun with my camera...




Doug finally returned and I made some lunch for us.

Then I decided I wanted to go and sit on the sand close to the water - even if it was foggy, misty and breezy. I grabbed a jacket and beach towel and sat on the sand near the ocean. The beach was practically empty. I did a lot of thinking out there...






Someone made the coolest sculpture in the sand. People were taking pictures with it...

The ocean...


 I sat there for the longest time. I let myself feel a lot of emotions. So much has happened in a one year span. I've lost a lot and I've missed a lot since the virus hit. My eyes have been opened to a lot of things - which is maybe a good thing. It's been such a difficult year. But, I was content to be in a calm and serene place in that moment.

I finally walked back to the house...


That evening, we had Frankie Bones delivered again for dinner (again delicious) and then we watched the last X-Men movie of the original trilogy.

The next day - rain.

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails