As I mentioned in a previous post, the chair on the right is the one I ended sitting in after I tripped and tore my heel.I tripped over the threshold as I was walking through the front doors.
It hurt. It hurt badly. Our original plan was to look at the hotel gift shop before freshening up for dinner, and I tried to walk in there, but the pain was just too great for me. I limped my way back to my hotel room.
I couldn't believe it.
I had Doug get me some ice for my heel. We agreed to not go to urgent care or the hospital. I was going to get through it somehow.
I luckily had a dinner reservation right at the hotel restaurant, The Red Rooster, that evening and it was literally just down the hall from our room. I decided I wasn't going to ruin the evening and I limped to dinner...
Doug and I ordered glasses of wine. Wine was much needed that evening for me - heh.
Our appetizer was a plate of sishito peppers and some rolls (so good)...
My only complaint, it took a LONG time to get our meal. And I wasn't feeling the best. I kind of feel like they missed our order or forgot about us for a while. I was starting to get a bit irritated. Had to ask the waiter where food was. Finally, it arrived and luckily it was really good.
Bri got lamb chops, I ordered a seafood pasta and Doug opted for beef...
I somehow made it through the meal and I did enjoy it - though I was experiencing some big time anxiety.
We went back to the room and Doug started working on wheelchair access for me for when I went to the airport.
The next day, we were driving back to Boston and spending the night. More on that next...









0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment