December 30, 2009

Briana 2009 - A Year In Pictures Video


Wow - I can't believe the year 2009 is coming to a close. It has been an amazing year. Doug started a great new job a few months ago, I finally got an amazing camera that takes beautiful pictures which I plan on learning to use to the best of my ability and we went to Disney World as a family for the first time.

Briana had so many "firsts" this year - she turned three years old, was potty trained, started preschool, was baptized, learned to ride a bike, had her first "real" haircut, went to her first circus, had her first professional photo session, attended her first dance camp, went to her first Dragon Boat Race, went to a planetarium, saw the Terra Cotta Warriors, met Doug's grandparents for the first time, participated in her first gymnastics "spectacular", went to her first movie in a movie theater, had her first sleepover away from mommy and daddy, sang in her first recital, took her first school pictures, sat on Santa's lap and wasn't freaked out, made her first gingerbread house, baked her first Mooncakes and Christmas cookies and to top it all off, she now sleeps in big girl bed.

My baby is definitely not a baby anymore. She is such a little girl. I was so worried about her speech at the beginning at this year, and now she says so many quirky and silly things that I can't help but laugh. On Sunday morning, we heard her starting to stir on our monitor. Doug went into her room (leaving her door open) and lied on her bed next to her to wake her up. She groggily got out of her bed, closed the door, climbed back into bed next to him, snuggled under the covers and told him she "needed more time." She went back to sleep until 10 that morning. That was definitely a glimpse of her teenage years. LOL! I see more and more of her amazing personality every day. The one thing that hasn't changed is her big smile. That has always been there.

I look forward to all the amazing and exciting things that will happen in 2010. Hope all of you have a happy and healthy 2010!

Enjoy the video of Briana 2009 - A Year In Pictures. Briana is definitely my miracle... (I posted on both Vimeo and YouTube.)

Briana - A Year In Pictures 2009 from Lisa Lu on Vimeo.


14 Kind Words:

Anonymous said...

I don't even know Bri and I'm in love! Thanks so much for sharing! Happy 2010!!!!

sandra said...

Love it! Happy New Year. May the memories and happiness of this year be tenfold in 2010 :-)

Deb said...

Wow what a year hey! She is such a little cutie!
Enjoy your new camera I got a nice new one too!

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

So many great photo's...happy 2010 to you all!

Julie said...

That was great! If I can find the time I think I'll do one too!!!

Happy new year!!!

Kim said...

OMW... WOW..
Briana is SOOOO BEAUTIFUL..
I just LOVE that smile..
Happy New Year..
can't wait to see how she grows in 2010..
Hugs..

Anonymous said...

Great job Lisa - she is a doll!

Love ya, Amy B.

Liene said...

It is absolutely amazing how much she has changed since January. And yes, I agree, she says the cutest, funniest things.

She is such a sweet little girl. You and Doug are so blessed to have her in your lives and I am so blessed to have met all of you and become your friends.

Wanda said...

Beautiful wrap-up of a great year.
Happy New Year to you and your sweet family!

Wanda (At Last...)

Elise said...

The video was wonderful - so lovely to watch! What a happy, adorable little girl Briana! :)

I hope 2010 is every bit as wonderful as 2009, and more, for you and your family.

Happy New Year! :)

Lindsay said...

Such beautiful photos of your beautiful girl.

Looking forward to seeing how she carries on growing up!

Happy New Year to you all.

Polar Bear said...

Love, Love, LOVE the video!! It is so good! You do such a neat job! I may have to steal/borrow this idea!

Kiy said...

Oh, your year in pic's turned out so nice! I am so impressed.

She too is growing up so fast, I can't believe how fast the time is going. It's nice to hear that Bri's speech is better. We worried at the beginning of the year too. Emi is still struggling but we've gone from 3-4 to so many now. It's great to hear of another little one making progress.

Happy New Year,
Kiy

Suzie said...

WOW - you did an amazing job on the video! Briana is getting so big and looks like such a happy girl. You and Doug must be amazing parents!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails