November 10, 2025

The Rest Of October

Well, you know that about 90 percent of October for our family is spent focusing on Halloween. But, there were a few other things we did in October that were not haunting focused.
 
Doug and I captured pictures of the moon on Autumn Moon Festival. Doug was a bit more successful than I was (his pic is on the left and mine is on the right)...
 
As I mentioned in a previous post, Briana came home to visit for a weekend in October. So we made our "moon" cookies while she was here (a few days after Moon Festival)...

I realized after I blogged all about my scrapbooking addiction, I forgot to include an important book! I made a Shutterfly book of Briana's senior portrait session. I have since added it to the post. How could I forget?
 
 
Doug and I enjoy taking a day trip to Elijay to eat some BBQ and shop at some of our favorite stores. We miss visiting Ellijay and going apple picking with our girl. Those were some wonderful memories. So, Doug and I just go on our own now, and it is still nice. B is missed though.
 
We stopped first at Poole's BBQ...
 


The restaurant changed ownership a few years ago. The food is very good and the staff super friendly. They are doing some renovating inside the restaurant. They changed the lighting - which made it a bit dark in there. I get where they were going by wanting to change out the harsh lighting, but I think they went a bit too dark.
 
Unfortunately, they have neglected Pig Hill. I was so sad to see all the weeds growing within all the signs. I hope they will find a way to clean it up...
 
Then we went and visited my favorite antique shop. Downtown Ellijay...
 
These guys greeted us on the parking lot...
 
My favorite shop (I bought a number of things!)...
 
And our favorite food/grocery stores (Panorama and Penlands). We did buy a pumpkin and apples that day from Panorama as well as a bunch of other goodies...

We also got a number of things including slushies and hot boiled peanuts from Penlands. The slushies are freaking delicious...
 
It was a really nice day.
 
And as you know, I am a bit of a homebody. With my chronic illness issues, I haven't really traveled anywhere since August. Doug has made several trips for work. Life is just kind of quiet right now. I'm ok with that until I (hopefully) feel better. Hopefully 2026 will be more exciting for me - and not in a going to the hospital kind of way. But, Doug and I do like going out to different restaurants to enjoy food and conversation. We did a bit of that in October.
 
We had Chinese at one of our favorite restaurants...
 
Mongolian Stir Fry...

Italian Food...
 
Southern Coastal...

Everything was so delish. 
 
I also had some catch up lunches with friends and a nice lunch with my mom in October.
 
 So, that was October. I have put all the scary decor away and now I am enjoying my fall decor. Briana will be home in a few days for the rest of the year! I will enjoy having her home for the holidays.
 
Be back with a November update soon! 

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails