We had seen so much on the Road To Hana, but we hadn't stopped to see any larger waterfalls yet, so we needed to check that off our list.
Twin Falls is actually one of the very first stops you can make heading toward Hana, but we decided to pass it and hit it on the way back. I'm so glad we did because I am pretty sure we missed the big crowd in the morning. It was quite empty there at around 4PM - just a few people swimming.
Entrance...
We had to walk down a little trail to get to the falls - and then there were some steep rocks you could take to actually get down to it quicker.
Which Bri did...
Doug and I realized the path continued and there was an easier way to get down to the falls.
So pretty...
Now I was looking for two waterfalls and could really see just one. I think the water wasn't rushing as hard as it should (the other waterfall was just trickling basically)...
I looked online and found this picture below...
I believe that is how it should have looked.
But it was beautiful there nonetheless...
So peaceful to listen to...
Bri and I taking a nice rest...
The path to the falls had all this huge bamboo along it...
We were hot and tired but happy...
We spent a nice amount time looking at the water and decided it was time to head back.
We were happy when we finally hit Paia town again...
The curvy road was behind us!!
Pretty view heading back to the hotel...
We got back to the hotel around 5:30PM and we were beat. It was a LONG but amazing day. We were too tired to do anything else, so we ordered room service and vegged out in the room the rest of the evening.
I chose a shrimp, mushroom and pesto flatbread pizza for dinner (very yummy)...
The next day was going to be fun but not as strenuous. Shopping, eating and a luau were on order for Day 5!




















0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment