December 29, 2007

5 Months Since Gotcha & Happy New Year 2008

On December 30, we will have had Briana in our lives for 5 whole months, and it keeps getting better and better...

I honestly cannot say that I am happy to see the year 2007 come to an end. Usually, I am ready to just get on to the next year with a fresh new perspective - always hoping that the new year will bring me a child. Well, 2007 was our year. Finally our year. After celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary, Doug and I received our referral for Jiang Ai Juan and flew to the other side of the world to become first time parents. Talk about wonderful and scary stuff! Briana is our dream that finally came true...

But the year 2007 does have to come to an end, and I will look back on it as a very happy and fulfilling year for Doug, Briana and me. I am looking so forward to seeing what 2008 will bring!

One very sad note for 2007 was that so many of my blog buddies and friends did not bring their daughters home this year. Just know that my heart is heavy for you, and I hope and pray each day that 2008 will be YOUR year. Happy New Year everyone!

This video pretty much sums up what Briana has brought to Doug's and my life. Get ready 2008 - here we come!


23 Kind Words:

Colleen said...

Oh my god Lisa! That video was simply beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. Briana is such a beautiful little girl and such a gift. You and Doug always look like you are on cloud 9. Happy New Year. It only gets better.

Polar Bear said...

Lisa ~ that is a WONDERFUL video. I can barely see the screen because of the tears. I am going to have to come back and watch again. You all look so happy, I am so happy for you.

Have a WONDERFUL New Year! I know you are going to have a TERRIFIC 2008!!
HUGS!!!

dawn said...

OMGosh, you are beaming in every single photo. I love it.

Happy New Year to you guys too.

Abby's Mom said...

Beautiful video and beautiful post! Happy New Year :)

RoLo said...

That is beautiful, I am crying but it is a happy crying. You are so special:)

Kim said...

Lisa- that was AMAZING...
You made me cry- happy tears for you and your wonderful family...
Briana is sooo inspiring.. she make me smile every time I see a picture of her..
This is what makes the wait sooo easy for me..
I am soo happy to have met you through blogging.. and hopefully one day meet in person..
Here is to 2008 it is going to be GREAT.. I won't have Isabella this year but it will be that much closer to her...
HAPPY 5 months...
Hugs to you girly..

Mick said...

Very well done!
Thanks for sharing.

OziMum said...

Beautiful movie!

A match made in heaven!

PS... good choice of music! Good Aussie artists!

Catherine said...

Congrats on 5 beautiful months together Lisa!! What a beautiful video! Oh how I want to learn how to make those!! May I ask what program you use or is it something you do directly on YouTube?

Thank you for your loving words to those of us who are waiting. You truly do understand the longing of our hearts and your thoughts are appreciated!

Happy New Year friend!!

t~ said...

That is the sweetest video. So beautiful. It certainly has been your year and you will always cherish 2007! The smiles on your faces, the dazzle in your eyes just sums it all up! Happy New Year to you and your family!

Georgia said...

Sweet! I'm sure 2008 will be even better. Briana will learn so much, do so much, and you will be there for every minute!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Holly said...

Awesome video! Briana is so precious. Have a great New Year.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Love the video... Briana is such a cute little munchkin... Have a great 2008 and for speedy referrals... take care

Deb said...

Awsomw job of your video.
Here's to a year beyond your wildest dreams.

Happy New Year to you and yours.

C's Mom said...

Smooch! A wonderful New Year to you and yours.

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful family with us....it is so inspiring for those of us waiting.

Stephanie said...

*sniffle* Goodness Lisa, that was just super sweet to watch! Looking forward to watching more of your sweet family in 2008.

Mama Melissa said...

That was SO sweet!!!

Hi, I'm Melissa... just found your blog. Mine and my daughter have been together for 6 months, as of Dec 19!!! WOOT! I am just so happy and proud to be her Mama.

Congrats and Happy New Year. I, too, hope that all the other waiting families get to bring their children home SOON!!

Peace,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Perfect! I'm sure the wait was so long and hard, but I think she was so worth waiting for.

LedaP said...

Happy New Year!!

Kim said...

Happy New Year....
Can't wait to see Briana growing this year...
All the new tasks..
and One thing is I hope to meet you this year...

Roy and Lori said...

Happy New Year!

kitchu said...

Oh your video had me in tears... happy 5 months as a family, it's just amazing, isn't it? I so needed to see this today as my heart sank to my toes when I saw our cut-off date for January... can you believe I'm 9 months LID on Friday and we've done 1.5 months of referrals in that time? Kinda scares me a little :O)

Ladybug Hugs 4 U said...

WOW! 5 months :D It seems like she has always been with you - what a happy family!

BTW - that pic of Briana was my favorite of the whole evening. She has her mamma's smile!

Ladybug hugs,
;D

Related Posts with Thumbnails