Saturday night was the night of the FCCA event - there was food, friends and entertainment! The event was held at a lovely Chinese restaurant that had a very big stage...
My parents were able to join us for the event...
As we waited for dinner to be served and before the talent show portion of the evening started, Briana and Chani decided to check out the stage...
Briana's dance teacher was seated at our table...
After eating, the girls got out of their red outfits and were ready in their dance gear...
The talent show portion of the evening was fantastic. There were musical acts...
And dance acts...
The ribbon dance was truly mesmerizing...
There was a fan dance...
It was finally time for our girls to come out. They did amazingly well - this was the first time Bri's teacher wasn't performing the dance with them. She stood in the aisle - trying to guide them. They were a little confused at first about when to start, but overall, I think they did fantastic!
The Grape Dance was next...
This girl performed a number on the violin. Briana and Chani danced as she played. It is super cute (see video below)...
A lion dance ended the talent show...
After the show was over, Briana and Katie played on stage a bit...
And the best part of the evening - the trophy! All the participants received a cool trophy for their efforts. Briana felt like a big star!!!!
I'll tell ya, I think this is the busiest Chinese New Year I have ever had. We did a lot! The new year has officially come to an end and now I must rest!
These are a few pictures my mom snapped...











2 Kind Words:
It sounds like a really wonderful evening. What a fantastic way of building pride in her Chinese heritage right from the early years.
That looks so fun!
Post a Comment