The new kids in town are Liene and Eriks! Briana and I met them over at DAC Kids on Friday morning. It was so nice to finally meet Eriks (what a cutie pie) and see Liene again. The kids were all over the place at DAC Kids, so it was super hard to get good pictures. I attempted the one above at Chick Fil A, but as you can see, Briana was not super cooperative. Briana thought Eriks was "da bomb"! :)Here is Miss Briana getting ready to go. I had to bundle her up because it was 14 degrees (yes 14) when we left the house. Yowza!
I was so shocked. Briana actually enjoyed playing with the sand more than climbing all the ladders, etc. It was nice that she was more calm this visit. Much less stressful for me! It was so nice getting to know Liene better. We have to do it again soon!And here are Doug and I before we left the house for our big night out Wednesday night!
We ate at Geisha House and it was delicious. And as you can see, the atmosphere was so cool.
And this was my tempura lobster tail. Amazing doesn't even describe it!
And here is the tent for Kooza. The show was absolutely incredible!
Thank you so much everyone that commented on napping. It is so nice to get so many responses and so many perspectives on the subject!Thursday, I gave Briana rest time with books in her crib for about an hour, but she was still wide awake. No sleep for Briana that day. She looked a little tired around 4:30, so I walked outside for a few minutes to get some cold air on her face! We ate dinner and Miss Bri was asleep by 7:30. She slept all night without a peep.
Friday was DAC Kids - she woke up about 8AM. She was so exhausted from her fun with Eriks that morning, she zonked in the car on the way home. She slept two solid hours and I finally had to wake her up because she would never go to bed that night if I let her sleep longer. She was pretty ticked that I woke her up, but I had to wake her. I didn't put her down to bed until almost 9PM and with a little rocking, she fell asleep. Unfortunately she cried out a few times during the night, just enough to wake me up. Ugh. She was up at 7:30 this morning. I put her down around 1PM today with a few books. She fell asleep within 10 minutes.
It looks like napping will just depend on her - a hit or miss situation. I plan to still put her down each day for "rest time" for at least an hour. Yep, because mama needs her rest too. ;)
And lastly, I just want to say "Happy Anniversary" to my parents today. It is their 39th wedding anniversary!!!!!





11 Kind Words:
She is so active. I am sure that she will nap at least some days out of the week.
Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad...
Love all the photos..
Looks like you and Doug had a wonderful evening..
Sounds will take naps ... I think all kids go through these stages..
Hugs..
Have a great weekend....
OMG...I am not sure what looks better, the lobster or the drink...LOL!! Sounds like you had a great night out!!
Glad to hear that you are at least getting an hour of Mommy time....we all need it:)
Happy Anniversary to your Mom and Dad!!
Your night out looks amazing - awesome food, yummy drink, Cirque, just perfect! You two look so cute, too.
Where do they come up with these cocktail names? LOL. Happy anniversary.
Happy Anny to your parents!
Looks like you had a wonderful and well-deserved night out.
The picture of Bri in her 'pink mink' getting ready to go is a huge winner.
Best of luck with the nap crap shoot.
Eriks thinks Bri is pretty dynomite too. He has not stopped talking about DAC Kids and lunch. We met up with friends yesterday and he couldn't stop talking about his day on Friday.
I'll post my photos soon.
I'm so glad that you are giving yourself a rest time, Lisa. It's ESSENTIAL that you stay happy too! Some days I REALLY need one!
PS- THat lobster looks AMAZING!
OMG that lobster looks awesome!!!
That restaurant looks nice and I love the look of that cocktail...yum!
Briana is so adorable! We're definitely taking fewer naps these days. Ava will be 3 in April so there definitely aren't daily naps (I miss them already :) Have a great night. Michele
Post a Comment