After visiting the church, I asked Doug and Bri if we could go to Arbetter's. It's a little dive about 15 minutes away from the church in the Westchester area of town. It only serves hot dogs, corn dogs and fries. That's it. So if you don't like hot dogs and fries, it's not the place for you. But if you do like hot dogs and fries, it's the best place in town. As good as The Varsity hot dog is in Atlanta, I'd turn one of those down in a millisecond for an Arbetter hot dog and I'm not joking.
I can't tell you how many times my family visited this restaurant as a kid. And it wasn't right down the street from my house. It was about 25 minutes away. But every so often, that's where we ate...
I had to take pictures for my parents. My kid at Arbetter's...
The air conditioning was actually really cold inside, so we ate at an outside table...
Hot dog!!!!
My poor sweetie. Briana really dislikes hot dogs, but she went there for me. Luckily, she was able to sink her teeth into some delicious cheese fries...
As we sat eating, one of the typical Florida afternoon rain showers started to move in...
View across the street...
Ahhhh, the trees. See these two trees below?
Quite often when I was a kid, the restaurant would be completely full when my family came to eat. So instead of trying to find a place to sit in the restaurant, we would just sit in the car and eat our hot dogs. Sometimes with both my parents, but it was usually with my mom and sister while my dad was at work. And when it was just me, my mom and my sister, we would eat and then get to giggling about something really silly until we were hysterical. We had a lot of good times sitting, eating and goofing off under those two trees...
Lots of good memories...
I could have gone back again another day, but I was outvoted. ;)
That is ok - one day I'll be back. Even if it is a few years from now. I was just happy to have my hubby (who has been there with me before) and my daughter recapturing a memory with me.














2 Kind Words:
Oh my word you truly crammed every second of this trip. Never been to Arbetters but know of its fame.
You sure packed a lot if memories on this trip! How wonderful to share this eith your family!
Post a Comment