May 23, 2010

100 Good Wishes Quilt (Drum Roll Please...)

Voila! Here it is! I am so happy with it - I could seriously cry. The person that made my quilt (Kyra) did an amazing job. I shipped all my fabric to Kyra (she lives in a different state) and she mailed it back. She kept me posted every step of the way with e-mail and pictures. She was amazing to work with.

Here is a top view...

A closer view...

The back (I chose this fun fabric with Chinese lanterns).

This square was too big to place in the quilt, so Kyra made a pillow out of it. It is from one of Briana's SWI sisters. It is so meaningful...

Kyra made another pillow for me out of another neat piece of fabric I got from my mom. It turned out so cute...

Here is Briana seeing the quilt for the first time (yes, she is still in her jammies - it was a laid back Friday morning!)...

Look at that smile...

She rolled and rolled all over it...


She LOVES it...

I want to thank all of you that contributed to Briana's quilt. We love each and every one of you. You will all receive a personal thank you note from me and Briana, but I wanted you all to see how much Briana loves her quilt. And a huge thank you Kyra for caring to much and making it so beautiful.

17 Kind Words:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

It looks FANTASTIC!!! WOW....it is beautiful.....and to think of all the love that went into that quilt....so very special:)

I am so glad that we got to be part of it!!

I forgot to mention when I dropped by this am......love the new pictures in the header.....she is too cute!!


Hope you have a great week~

Lisa

Kim said...

SOOOO PRETTY..
Love it..
I see my square..
Hugs..
Have a great week.
Love ya..

Sherri said...

that lQQks wonderful!! wow, what a great job she did.

Now that i'm off of facebook, I plan on very much working on the 2 I started for Miss Emma.

Sherri said...

Oops...I forgot to mention that I see my squares!!

Unknown said...

So cool! Ours is almost finished as well. What a neat gift to your daughter!

Lisa~~ said...

So pretty! I know that I still owe you the wish, I promise...soon!

Suzie said...

It is beautiful!!! She did an amazing job on it!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I am loving it like crazy... can you believe I cannot recall what piece I sent... I did send one didn't I?
So great that Bri loves it like crazy..

Deb said...

It's beautiful!
I cried when I got Sugrar's back! What a treasure, I love the backing.

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Oh SO beautiful!!!

DAVID AND AMY VENN'S WEBSITE said...

How special!! Briana will cherish for years to come!!
Hope to see you guys soon!

Cheers,
Amy :D

Angela and Jay said...

Oh, it is beautiful!! I can't wait to have Laney's completed. What a treasure for Briana!

Anonymous said...

I know how important that quilt is to you and your family! It's beautiful! It will always bring a smile to your face.

kitchu said...

Lisa. That quilt is STUNNING. The black border really makes the squares "pop". I LOVE it. Like you, it will no doubt take me years to get mine together (especially since I only have like 50 squares!)

Joy said...

Love it! Oh, and I found my square.

Catherine said...

Wow! She did a great job! It's absolutely beautiful and such a treasured keepsake (or snuggle blanket) for Briana!

Gabriel Chin said...

Briana is really cute and you are really sweet mommie,
I'm also in process of making a quilt for my son, I am still collecting squares from everyone , and googling pattern that's how I landed on your blog, the person you mention kyra that did the quilt for you, is she your friend or a business ? Do you think they can do one for me if I send her all the stuff? If you don't mind can you give me her contact info? Thank you so much and congrats with your beautiful girl :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails