Spring really revs up in March in Georgia. That means flowers and trees begin to bloom - which is lovely and beautiful, but it also means LOTS of pollen (especially yellow pine tree pollen) and allergens. Ugh. Everything has a layer of yuck on it basically until the pollen stops falling. I had seen Spamalot once before with Doug back in 2009 and I didn't realize how much I had forgotten about the show. It is hilarious and very entertaining. I enjoyed it so much!
In March, St. Patrick's Day came around...
Spring also usually means that Mei starts licking her belly and legs - which drives me crazy. So far, she still has her fur thank goodness. Maybe she will surprise me and not overly groom herself this year. Time will tell. She does love laying in the spring sun...
Spring also means spring break from school. Yes - we had just enjoyed a winter break. Spring break came only six weeks later. It's kind of crazy. Since we had no energy or money left (heh) after our huge trip to Disney World, we decided to staycation for spring break. I know a lot of people who travel during every single break that comes along - that just doesn't work for me. I am a homebody and traveling a couple of times a year works just fine. Briana was super content staycationing that week.
Since we were home for the week, we were able to have some meet ups with friends and family. Also, we got to see another musical put on by Briana's school. Briana really wanted me and Doug to see the sets she worked so hard on for the spring musical - Guys and Dolls.
Briana drew and painted (she had some help with the painting part) all the signs and windows on this part of the set...
She drew and cut out the Salvation Army sign...
She drew the windows and sign and helped build the fence...
The musical was great! The kids again - so talented. It was a bit long at 3 hours!
Scenes from the musical...
Bri drove us to and from the school in her new car...
Briana and I had a girls shopping day during spring break...
Briana volunteered at the local art museum one day during the break (pictures taken by the volunteer coordinator)...
Bri drove and met her friend Mary for lunch one day and they did a little shopping together. They came back to the house to hang out for a while...
Bri and I met my mom for lunch one afternoon to celebrate my mom's birthday...
Doug and Bri also met friends Khalid and Kira at a retro arcade one afternoon. They said it was a lot of fun...
The Easter holiday was the end cap of our spring break staycation...
Dyeing Easter eggs...
Yes - Briana still requests an Easter basket (heh)...
Bri drew a cool Easter picture...
Doug made us a delicious meal - which I will blog about in my next post.
Here are a few collages of Briana painting Easter eggs each year...
It was still a busy week despite staying home!
We are still in the midst of spring, so I'm sure I will be posting some more "springy" things soon.
Briana headed back to school last week. She only has 6 weeks left of junior year. She is on the home stretch!
My next post is going to all about food - we have eaten a lot of good food lately and I am going to share it! I love taking pics for food. Maybe I should be a food photographer - LOL!
.png)
.png)




















0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment