March 21, 2023

Disney World 2023/Day 3, Part 1/Magic Kingdom

Finally on to Day 3 - Magic Kingdom!

Good morning MK...

I know Magic Kingdom is supposed to be geared more for the little ones, but I still think it is probably my favorite park. I think it is because of all the nostalgia. There is just something special about MK.

Monday morning, Day 3, was President's Day. I chose Magic Kingdom to visit on President's Day because we had navigated MK on President's Day before and the individual lightning lane for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was the easiest of the individual lightning lanes to obtain - and I knew President's Day would be insanely crowded.

Magic Kingdom opens early - 8am. Which means early entry is at 7:30am. So very early - yawn. Once again, I had purchased Genie+ at midnight due to my sleeping issues. Since we were taking the monorail to MK, we decided to stay in the room to grab our lightning lanes quickly and then head to the park. 

Once the clock turned 7am, I grabbed the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train individual lightning lane (around 10am I think) and then grabbed a regular lightning lane for Space Mountain for right after that. We were good to go.

Waiting for the monorail (which comes right inside the building)...




Park bound...


Hello Magic Kingdom!



Time for some castle pictures!!!




This was our 4th visit to Magic Kingdom with Briana...


 Time to head for some rides!
 
Fantasyland was our first stop.

"Peter Pan's Flight" is one of the most popular rides in Magic Kingdom (and one of the shortest). I knew lightning lanes would go quickly for that one, so I decided to early entry that ride. We got to MK probably around 7:40am due to staying in the room to get the lightning lanes, so there was already a significant standby lane for Peter Pan. I think we waited about 20 minutes in line before we got on. Not too bad, but it would only get progressively worse as the day went on.

Peter Pan...

Once we got off the ride, we headed right across the way to "It's A Small World." There was no wait for that one at that time...

Then it was time for "Seven Dwarfs Mine Train"...

When Briana was 7 years old - the last time we were in Disney - the Mine Train (roller coaster) was still being built. We were finally going to get to ride it...

It was SO fun! I really liked it. It has Thunder Mountain vibes and I laughed the entire ride.

When we got off the ride, we didn't realize the ride had snapped a picture of us coming down the first drop. There was a woman who was a single rider who ended up next to Doug. She was very nice and her husband and son were waiting for her when the ride was done. She looked at her phone and started laughing. She mentioned something about a picture but I didn't put two and two together that it was a picture of us. The PhotoPass picture had already been posted to the Disney app. When you see this picture, you will see why she was laughing...

When we looked at the picture, we couldn't stop laughing - including Doug. The look on Doug's face is so freaking hilarious! The ride wasn't that intense, but we hadn't ridden it before, so we just weren't sure how it was all going to go down. He got a good laugh from it and then started texting it to his friends! So all was good. I asked him if I could post it on the blog and he gave me his approval. Priceless!

 (I just checked PhotoPass and realized I had access to my attraction photos. I read something that said Disney is now giving access to attraction photos if you buy Genie+. Score! I downloaded a bunch of them without the logo!)

I actually think this is an hilarious way to end this post. I have a lot more of Magic Kingdom to write about. Part 2 - next...

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails