It took six visits to NYC to finally get my art student to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. It just wasn't right that Bri hadn't been there yet, so this was our time to go. The museum was HUGE and beautiful. We spent several hours there. This is a museum that you need to visit many, many times in order to see it all, but we did the best we could and hit the exhibits we wanted to see the most. I was a bit sad about all the things we just weren't able to get to.
The interior of the museum is a piece of art in itself. So many beautiful views and rooms...
This exhibit was filled with art and artifacts from the tombs of ancient rulers of Egypt. It was absolutely fascinating. All the work and detail that went into making all of this to just be buried for what they believed was forever and into the afterlife. On one hand, I was so honored to be able to see all of these amazing artifacts and learn about their beliefs, ideas and culture. On the other hand, it did feel like a bit of an invasion - essentially tomb raiding - because they never thought any of this would be unearthed and studied one day. Overall, I lean more toward being glad that all of this was brought to light, so we can see what life was like back then in Egypt...
The Temple Of Dendur...
Celebrating the Year Of The Horse...
We were getting a bit hungry, so we then headed down to the cafe that was in the American Wing and had some lunch. There were some beautiful statues to see in the atrium...
And I noticed some beautiful tiled and stained glass pieces while I was eating lunch, so we went to see them when we were done eating...





































0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment