August 26, 2022

Day 3 - Savannah Tequila Company And Riverboat Ride

Doug and I didn't have reservations anywhere for Tuesday evening. We had spent the day sightseeing and weren't sure how tired we would be for dinner, but after resting for a while, we did decide we wanted to go out to eat.

I read about the "Savannah Tequila Company" online (it was in our hotel) and thought some margaritas would hit the spot!

The restaurant had a cool, modern Mexican vibe and the food was SO good...


 
 I had soft taco platter (beef, pork and chicken) - the chicken ended up being my favorite. The guac and margarita were delish. The churros were a-maz-ing. The caramel sauce was just ridiculous.

When we finished dinner, we walked to the river and I looked toward the riverboats. We knew that Briana was going on a riverboat ride with her SCAD group that evening. I wondered which boat was going to be hers...
 

 A snapped a pic of this girl looking at the fountain...

Doug and I decided to go back to our room and sit on our balcony so we could see Briana's boat pass our hotel.

The day had been a mix of clouds and sun, but that evening was totally overcast.
 
We sat for a while and finally saw the boat pull out into the river. Bri texted that they were starting to move...
 

 The boat floated right past us...


Doug and I waved at the boat and all the kids were waving back (Bri did not share with them that we were her parents - heh) - it was really fun.
 
Here are some shots Bri captured from the boat...
 

 They sailed way down the river and then turned around...


And yes, we spotted Briana on the boat and she saw us (she's on the very left)...


It was fun watching her sail by and texting with her. I wish I could have given her a big hug (I was already missing her), but I was just happy to see her even if it was from a distance.

It was a fun, relaxing evening.

The next day - shopping!

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails