March 9, 2017

Asheville, NC - Day 3, Part 2

Our next trek took us to Hickory Nut Falls (which is right next to Chimney Rock).

This was the entrance...

A bit of a climb...

Someone built this little rock pile...

Winter views but still pretty...

I was getting a bit tired, but we finally made it finally to the falls...


Beautiful views...


A kiss for dad...

Now I am going to go on a short rant. See the girl in the below photo? Doug, Bri and I were at the bottom of the falls for quite a while, and this girl never looked at the water once. This gorgeous waterfall was to her back and she was immersed with texting on her phone the entire time...

She was missing out on the beauty of this place. And her dad was sitting right there letting her do it. I don't believe she had any interest in even being there. Parents - please don't let your children miss out on all the beautiful things around them. There's more to life than a phone or computer screen. I keep trying to explain this to Bri (she loves her screen time and is seriously a video game junkie), and I made her look around and literally smell the flowers - or waterfall.

Ok - rant over.

 Before we left, we hit a restroom in Chimney Rock Park. Yes - I know taking pictures in a bathroom is weird, but the paintings on the wall were so pretty...



We were all hungry after all that walking and fresh air, so we stopped in Chimney Rock Village for some lunch. We ate at the River Watch Grill...

The town was quite empty and we pretty much had the place to ourselves...

We did have a little company...

We sat out on the outside deck overlooking Broad River and there was a perfect view of Chimney Rock...




I had a hot dog and french fries - I'm pretty easy to please...

As we drove to Chimney Rock Park, we noticed we crossed over the Eastern Continental Divide. Since we had crossed the Great Continental Divide twice when we visited Colorado, we had to stop for a quick pic...

We had a very full day and headed back to the hotel for the evening. We had a room service snack for dinner and turned in. The next day was the day we were heading back home, but we had to do a little shopping first.

1 Kind Words:

Debbie said...

I know!! Drives me crazy too!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails