First, I want to thank everyone for the awesome support and the kind comments that I received regarding my last post (some here and some on FB). I got a lot of views on my last post - definitely more than I usually do.Now on to blogging about our Vermont vacation...
It took me and Doug a little while to figure out where we wanted to go for Briana's last fall break during high school. We tossed around a few ideas including returning to Maine or visiting Canada. We were only going on this trip to for several days and we wanted something quiet and low key yet very quintessentially autumn too. We ended up choosing Woodstock, Vermont.
Small town shopping, good food, apple picking, beautiful scenic views, covered bridges - just the three of us - it was perfect.
Woodstock isn't the easiest place to get to if you are coming from Atlanta, but once we got there, it was totally worth it. It was a two plus hour plane ride to Boston and then another two plus hour car ride to Vermont - driving mainly through New Hampshire.
Here we were traveling to Vermont (through Boston)...
The meals Delta provided for lunch on the flight were made by "The Grey" restaurant that Doug and I ate at in Savannah during the summer. So good!We finally landed in Boston...
There was a lot of traffic for a Saturday afternoon trying to get out of the airport and going through the tunnels of Boston. Then we hit some road construction too which wasn't fun.Once we got through that it was into New Hampshire and things started speeding up.
It's really funny that there is a Dunkin' Donuts at pretty much every exit along the highway in the northeast...
Stopping at a rest stop in New Hampshire...
Finally - Woodstock, Vermont...
And we finally drove up to our beautiful hotel the Woodstock Inn at around 5:45pm...
The lobby was so quaint and rustic...
See the pink chair on the right? That is the chair I sat in after I had my "little" trip on the last evening. Ack!There was a study to hang out in with games...
They provided free apples...
Our hotel room was on the first floor and it was lovely and comfortable (a little small but not too bad)...
The couch had a pull out bed and there is where Bri slept. We had the "fishing" room.
Briana looking out the window...
There was a wedding reception going on that evening in the courtyard...
We had quiet, casual dinner at the hotel that night - Richardson's Tavern...
The food was really good...
Doug and Bri split the charcuterie for an appetizer and I got clam chowder (delish!). Doug got a steak for dinner and both Bri and I got the chicken sandwich. It was all yummy. I wasn't a big fan of the potato salad that came with the sandwich because of some of the strong herbs in there, but I am sure there are some people who would really like it.We were super tired from the very long day of travel. We went back to the room and Doug watched some Notre Dame football that evening...
We still had a full day planned for the next day (apple picking, visit to a maple syrup farm and shopping at an upscale glass blowing store), so more on that next.














0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment