August 27, 2022

Day 4 - The Olde Pink House

Seriously, getting to eat at "The Olde Pink House" was total luck. Doug wanted to give it a shot. I thought ok fine but figured there was no way we were going to get to eat there. Well, Doug ended up being right! I guess you should always try - even if you aren't sure you'll get turned down.
 
The Olde Pink House was originally called Habersham House and it has quite a history. The pink color was actually an accident and many people believe it is haunted.

The Olde Pink House was also featured on "The Best Thing I Ever Ate."

Doug and I were seated in a very antique looking room on the main floor...

We had a wonderful waiter. The restaurant started really filling up as we ordered our food.

Doug and I had the most amazing meal...

We ordered the blue crab beignets for an appetizer. We both ordered she crab soup and the "BLT" salad as our entree (the salad was featured on the Best Thing I Ever Ate). Doug ordered the "pink drink" and I had a cream soda. Everything was phenomenal! But the BLT salad (with fried green tomatoes) was the bomb!!!

After we ate, we were encouraged to look all around the house and explore. That was so cool!

There was a cool bar on the main floor...

Some historical information about the Pink House on the wall...

The upstairs hallways...

Upstairs rooms (they did not seat anyone upstairs during lunchtime)...

A beautiful banquet room...

Outside views of the restaurant...

The wine cellar of the house (located underneath the Olde Pink House) is called "Planters Tavern" and it stands alone as a great spot to grab a drink and enjoy live entertainment. It doesn't open until 5pm, so it is empty during the day. It was so neat to be able to take a look down there...
 

Once we walked all through the house, it was time to leave. We walked to Reynolds Square. While there, Doug had to take a phone call, and while he did that, I had a little fun with my camera...

Savannah is such a pretty place. I love all the Spanish moss covered trees.

Getting to dine at The Olde Pink House was such an unexpected treat. So glad we got to do it!

As I mentioned in my previous post, we headed back to River Street to do a little more shopping after lunch and then it was back to the hotel to get ready for our special anniversary dinner. 

More on that next...

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails