November 3, 2010

Favorite Photos From The Gardens

Sittin' On A Bench
Last Friday, Briana and I had the entire day open. Doug was out of town all last week, and he wasn't flying home until late Friday afternoon. Bri usually has soccer practice on Fridays, but she was in between sessions, so no soccer practice last week. It was an absolutely gorgeous fall day and I decided to take Briana to a botanical garden that is just minutes away from our house. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect afternoon. The best surprise that afternoon was running into the La Dolce Vita ladies. We had not had the opportunity to meet Claire yet, and she was simply adorable. Unfortunately, the battery on my camera died just minutes before bumping into them. I tried to snap a few shots with my cell phone but they all ended up pretty blurry. Luckily, Rebecca was able to get a really good shot of all three girls.

Here are some of my favorites from the day...

A Beautiful Afternoon

Turning To Fall

Purple Flowers

Flowers 1

Flowers 2

Weathered Bench

Weathered Bench 2

My Sweet Girl

Rose Garden

Smelling the Roses

Up Close

Carriage House

Pond 2

Pond

Water Art

Cute Girl

Waterfall Scene

Grass

Waterfall
Here is the shot Rebecca snapped...

The gardens were so peaceful and serene. There were just a few people visiting the botanical garden that day. I definitely plan to go back soon and soak it all in again.

And I want to say a big thank you to everyone that commented on my "feeling blue" post. I appreciate all the concern and kind words. I know I am going to be ok. I have a wonderful daughter and family and great friends. I know I'll "find" myself again really soon. :D

4 Kind Words:

Bailey said...

First off, hugs for you... just because. Second, these photos are adorable. Briana is so cute. My favorite still-tife was the back part of the bench. Just so cool.

Angela and Jay said...

Beautiful pictures! Haven't been there, but after seeing the gorgeous pics we will go soon!

dawn said...

You really need to consider photography as your next career because you are so good and have a fantastic eye.

The gardens are beautiful. We went to Calloway Gardens when we were in GA and they were breathtaking and had a fantastic butterfly garden.

Debra said...

First, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know that feeling of wanting to be a mother and not having a clue how it was going to happen. If you are open to it, there are lots of opportunities to adopt biracial babies in the US. Just a thought.
I wish I had known you were in Huntsville not long ago. My girls and I would have loved meeting you and Bri.
Hang in there girl, keep praying for help and His will. It will come...it did for me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails