July 2, 2019

Maui Vacation 2019 - Day 4/Hana Town

We arrived in Hana around 12:30PM or so. It only took about 15 or 20 minutes to get to Hana from the black sand beach. We had been on the road about six hours already. We were definitely ready to rest and have some food.

Doug had read some good reviews about a Thai restaurant around there but unfortunately, we found out that it closed a while back. There was food truck park to eat at, but we wanted to sit in a restaurant. We stumbled across this quaint restaurant called "The Hana Ranch Restaurant"...


It was cool, clean, had a bar and colorful ukuleles were hanging on the wall...


It was nice just to sit, relax and gaze at the pretty view...

Bri ordered the calamari for lunch...

I had the pork sandwich - oh my gosh - it was so good. There is something special about the pork in Hawaii...

 Doug got the catch of the day...

After eating lunch, we stopped quickly in this little shop nearby. I just had to get something with "Hana" written on it to prove I was there!

I am so proud of myself to making it all the way to Hana (and enjoying it!). The only way to get to this town is on the Hana Highway. There is one small airport near Hana, but you'd have to charter a private plane to land there. So it isn't the easiest place to get to. And for someone with anxiety, it was a big win for me.

There's a really amazing spot to stop beyond Hana (7 Sacred Pools and Oheo Gulch), but doing that would have tacked on probably another two hours to our adventure. We were already getting tired, we had a couple more stops we wanted to make on the way back and we wanted to get back to West Maui before dark.

(Now Doug and I did discuss doing the "loop" around Maui or the "backside of Hana," but I was too nervous about unpaved roads, hugging the coastline and possible road closures. We just decided to head back the way we came.)

 So we turned around and headed back...

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails