Day 5 arrived and it was time to head home. I forgot to mention that Bri did use the workout room one time while we were there and she said it was really nice.
It wasn't a super long trip, but we decided to do it up big - and do it up big at a Ritz Carlton. So, we opted for a shorter stay to enjoy all the bells and whistles of our fancy trip without going completely bankrupt.
We had one last breakfast the club lounge before heading out (we paid extra to access the lounge each day like last year and for us, it was again totally worth it)...
One last look out of our balcony...
Leaving the property...
Crossing back into Georgia...
The weather roller coaster...
Ugh - McDonough, Jodeco Road area south of Atlanta. Slow traffic/bumper to bumper every single time we drive through there. Any time of day. Grrr...
Driving through Atlanta and seeing my kid's school...
Love, love, love having a Peach Pass...
But, she was definitely happy to have her family back home!
* Final thought...
There was a moment on the trip when I was floating in the pool, soaking in everything and everyone around me. I wasn't feeling 100 percent on that trip, but I'll say I was 90 percent. And my heel felt great. It felt good to be vacationing again. I was truly content/happy in that moment.
At the same time, I was thinking about how privileged I am. I don't take any of it for granted. I have a husband who loves me and takes care of me while I am trying to push through my ongoing chronic illnesses. He is successful at what he does and that has allowed me and Bri to live a very comfortable life (as comfortable as I can be with chronic illness). I understand there are so many people who will never get to experience a visit to a Ritz Carlton, much less a resort hotel. I know there are so many people who don't really get to go on big vacations (or modest vacations) even when they work really hard - and that is very unfair. Everyone that was vacationing at that hotel was privileged. I hope everyone there realizes that. I wish everyone could experience a lovely vacation(s). I truly do. I know I am not more deserving than anyone else. I am lucky/blessed.
I am not sure what I am trying to really say with all this, but I'm just putting out there that I am grateful for the things I have, I take nothing for granted and I wish everyone could experience something nice like this. I don't want to come off as being braggadocios when I am sharing my life with you all. I am truly happy when I see other people have great experiences.
So that was our trip. Thanks again for reading. Going back to regularly scheduled programming!









.png)

0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment