In July, Doug, Bri and I attended the musical "Mean Girls" at the Fox Theater. Briana had not yet seen the movie when Doug booked the tickets, but we really thought she would enjoy it.The hotel room was quite comfortable - yet we did have a few hiccups while we stayed at the hotel (no phone service in the room - the line was dead, no ice machine on our floor, the power surged while we were in the elevator - we thought we would get stuck, and a few other things).
So, I am not sure if we would stay there again...we would have to think about it. The convenience of the location was great though.
We decided to eat a nice dinner before going to the show. We chose "South City Kitchen." It was SO good...
The food was amazing...
Bri started with she-crab soup and Doug and I split the fried green tomatoes. The corn bread muffins - so good. Doug had a pork chop, I had a butcher steak with a red chimichurri sauce and Bri got the fried chicken. All the dishes were great - but Bri's chicken won the night for sure!
Dessert...
We stopped back at the hotel to freshen up. We had a little fun with snapchat...
Then it was time to walk to the theater...
Mean girls...
It was really funny and quite entertaining. We really enjoyed it. I will say though - there was some talking and chit chat happening throughout parts of the theater during the performance. That is something I haven't really encountered when attending shows on Broadway in NY. Not to be a Broadway snob, but the people in Atlanta need to keep it quiet when a performance is going on. Quite rude.
After the show, I wanted to try to get a few pictures of Bri...
View from our room in the evening...
We woke in the morning to a very pretty day...
We were told by the front desk girl when we checked in that there would be a breakfast buffet the next day. I think she got her days mixed up, because we went downstairs on a Saturday morning - no breakfast. Just a Starbucks with some packaged baked goods. We decided to leave the hotel and get food on the way home.
That is when the power surged in the building causing the elevator to reboot (luckily the door was open when it happened and we were able to step out of it) and the surge also caused the gate that allowed people in and out of the parking garage to stop working. I was starting to get a bit hangry at that point. Someone at the hotel had to be called to open the gate to let everyone out.
We decided to eat at the OK Cafe for brunch/lunch.
There was a bit of wait to get in, but I ended up ordering lunch and it was worth the wait. Very good...




















0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment