July 4, 2019

Maui Vacation 2019 - Day 5/Lahaina And Cool Cat Cafe

Day 5 (Saturday) of our Maui vacation was the first day of June. We slept in a little bit because we were exhausted from our Road to Hana adventure the day before. 

We were happy to take things down a notch that day!

I wanted to visit the town of Lahaina and eat at the "Cool Cat Cafe" for an early lunch, so that is what we did.

This big "L" on the mountain greets you as you head into Lahaina...

The town of Lahaina is so quaint...

Cool Cat Cafe...


 So how did I learn about the "Cool Cat Cafe?" Well several months before visiting Maui, I would try to find shows/specials on TV about Maui. The show "Man Vs Food" filmed a show in Maui, so I did a little note taking on some of the restaurants the host (Casey Webb) visited while he was in town...

 "Man Vs Food" featured "Cool Cat Cafe" (a 50's style burger joint) and showed off the delicious burgers.

There is a challenge at the cafe that Casey Webb took on and it is called the "808 Challenge"...


He had to eat this whole thing in 30 minutes - 8 burger patties and 8 slices of cheese and a bun...

 Well, he actually did it (it wasn't pretty to watch - lol!) and his name is now on the wall plaque in the restaurant...


Needless to say, Doug, Bri and I did not try the challenge - heh. But we definitely tried the burgers.

Here is the restaurant...

Had to take a picture of Lucy for my mom...



We were given a table right by the railing for a perfect view of the square (we got really lucky with seating in pretty much every restaurant we went to in Maui)...


This guy (below) is pretty well known in Maui from what I have read. He is known as the young "Cross Guy"...

Cool Cat Cafe voted best burger - now 15 years in a row - I believe. We were in the right place...

This was the burger of the month. My crazy husband decided to order it...

Look at that sucker!!!!!

Attempting this burger was pretty close to that 808 challenge - yikes!!!

He said it was really good - but messy obviously.

My girl was simply happy with a chocolate shake and a basic bacon cheeseburger...


This was my burger - it was so amazingly delicious...

So, so glad we came to this cool place. It was fun and delish!

After eating those delicious burgers, I did a little souvenir shopping...

As we drove out of Lahaina, I just had to snap a picture of this cool surf shop (Maui Mike's Beach House)...


We headed back to the hotel because we needed to get ready for our big night. We were heading to a luau and were SO excited.

Our reservation was for 5:30PM sharp!

1 Kind Words:

Debbie said...

Those burgers looked delish! Looking forward to reading about your evening

Related Posts with Thumbnails