June 30, 2011

She Finally Did It

Briana finally learned to swing all by herself. She could swing a little, but she could never keep the momentum going for very long after I pushed her and she could never really get it going by herself. She always preferred for me to push her because she just couldn't keep the height or the pace. Yesterday after her swim lesson, Briana wanted to check out the little play area next to the pool that she had spotted the day before. She shot toward the swings and asked me to push her. I obliged. After a while, I was feeling a bit warm and tired, so I wanted to sit down. She looked at me across the grass and asked me to push her again. I told her that she is almost 5 years old and she really should to try to do it herself. She started to pump her legs and she got higher and higher and higher. And she kept going and going and going. She was so proud of herself. And I was so proud. It finally clicked for her. She swung for about 20 minutes all by herself. I was so excited to capture both pictures and video on my iPhone...







And here are a couple of cute photos I snapped at the playground today...



And we had a celebratory slice of pizza for lunch. Miss B at the restaurant...


5 Kind Words:

Lisa~~ said...

Yay Bri, way to go! So fun that you were there to see her too, I missed when Maisie started...but I know when...but no piccies ;-(

Lindsay said...

Yeah Briana! It's such a great feeling watching them master a new skill.

Julie said...

Yay Briana! Naomi just learned this too. I think the daycare lady showed her because she was tired of pushing - lol. Fun how our girls reach these milestones around the same time!

Debbie said...

Good job Miss B......now Mum can just relax and watch you swing higher and higher! Bet you're glad of the rest Lisa.........!

Two Kayaks said...

Way to go, Bri!!! That's such a big skill to learn and she has done it! Woo!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails