July 13, 2017

Newport, Rhode Island ~ Day 2, Part 3

We headed over to Bowen's Wharf for lunch after seeing The Marble House. We wanted to try out the "Black Pearl" because it was highly recommended by a friend...


We sat outside and enjoyed the activity on the wharf...

The service was a bit slow at first unfortunately - it was pretty busy when we arrived. The food was really good, so it was worth the wait...

They are known for their clam chowder and it was very good...

Doug and I split a Reuben sandwich and it was delish...

We walked around a bit after lunch and did a little shopping. We then headed back to the hotel.

We were tired from the long day, so we once again ate at the hotel restaurant for dinner.

Maurice was our waiter/bartender once again and he highly recommended the seafood chowder. Oh-my-gosh. It was one of the best soups I have ever had...

And I had a small Margherita Pizza (because I needed to move away from seafood a little bit - lol!)...

What a fun day! The next day we planned to visit another mansion - The Breakers.

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails