May 5, 2012

Napa Valley Vacation - San Francisco

Doug and I flew into San Francisco, stayed one night and then drove back into SF to catch our flight home. We thought about spending more time in SF, but there is so much to do there. It is a complete trip in itself. And we know Briana would love to spend time there. So we will return one day with Miss B to experience all that San Francisco has to offer.

We stayed at the lovely Hotel Nikko. And we were greeted at the front desk with complimentary wine...

Our room was lovely - complete with a TV in the bathroom mirror and a lovely view...



Saturday morning after breakfast, we rented a car and headed out toward Napa. We thought about stopping at the Redwood Forest on our way to Napa, but it seemed like all of San Francisco had the same idea (traffic was insane). So we skipped the forest and headed directly to Napa.

San Francisco architecture is very interesting. Like all this furniture hanging out of this building...

The area directly surrounding Hotel Nikko is a bit shady. We saw this as we traveled out of the city...

We kept driving and came into a pretty area...

The signs were directing us toward the Golden Gate Bridge...

Pretty church...


Then in the distance, we saw it. The Golden Gate Bridge. I had never seen it in person...

It was grand and beautiful. I couldn't believe we were driving on it...


Alcatraz...

After we crossed the bridge, we saw these beautiful rolling hills...

 We went through the rainbow tunnels... :D

And after driving for about 45 minutes, we started to see this...

Rows and rows of vines...


There was a little stop at the side of the road and we took some pictures...


We got back into the car and followed the signs to our anniversary destination...

Next, I am going to talk about the flowers and art I saw in Napa.

Oh - but I must add that Doug had a Towne Car come and pick us up to go to the airport.
No Park & Fly this trip! :D



To read about the food in Napa, click here.

3 Kind Words:

Bailey said...

Happy anniversary you two. Congratulations. Looks like a wonderful visit to Napa. Enjoy!

Debbie said...

Lisa, Im loving reading about your trip.......hasnt Doug done a great job with all those special little touches?
I really really really want to go there now, but its such a long way from Scotland. Hopefully one day!
Ok, waiting for the next instalment :) :)
Happy Sunday!

Sherri said...

Been to CA before, but that's beautiful. The row homes there, look like where "Full House" was shot from.

Related Posts with Thumbnails