March 18, 2019

Day 3 - More Shopping And Socarrat Paella Bar

After walking through FAO Schwarz, we glanced in the Today Show window...



We didn't want lunch since we had eaten a large brunch, so we stopped in for a treat at Bouchon bakery...

Best macarons ever - seriously...

A stop at the plaza again...


Top of the Rock...

We ventured into the Lego store...



Doug and Bri's happy place...







We were actually surprised that the Lego store wasn't all that big (it is two stories, but still not as big as we expected). The stores at Mall of America and Disney are much larger. I guess we are spoiled. ;)

We started walking back to Times Square after our visit to Lego.

We had to stop in one of the I love NY stores...

Bri bought this NY ball cap...


 
Then it was off to M&M World...

M&M stuff everywhere - three stories of it...





After standing for hours the day before and with all the walking we had done (and I realized I didn't have the most supportive boots on), my lower back was starting to really hurt (I have lower back issues). I told Doug and Bri they could go on without me and I would go back to the hotel, but Bri said she was tired and ready to stop as well.

We decided to stop in the hotel bar and have a drink...

It was nice to sit down...

Bri and her new hat that she loves...


Drinks - ahhhh...

We rested in our hotel room for a while and then Doug wanted to take us to one of his favorite restaurants in NYC - Socarrat Paella Bar...

The appetizers were phenomenal - meatballs, assorted cheeses and Jamon Iberico (Bri could not get enough of the Jamon Iberico)...

Such a quaint restaurant...

Seafood Paella - amazing...

Ice cream bites for dessert...

Bri's dessert...

Everything was absolutely delicious.

Bri took this selfie when we got back to the room. I'm guessing she really likes her hat - and NY too...

We had another full day planned for the next day - Battery Park, World Trade Center and Central Park.

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails