I know you will all think I am a little "off" devoting a whole post to trees, but that's exactly what I'm going to do.
As a Florida girl in the 70's and 80's, I didn't see a lot of trees. I saw lots of palm trees and short flowery type trees, but that was about it. My neighborhood back then literally had no trees at all. We had to plant trees to see any. The majestic trees I did see as a kid were located in Coral Gables. I loved when my parents would drive me there. Coral Gables was where my parents would take me and my sister to visit Santa Claus. Large beautiful trees lining the streets. I thought they were the coolest things in the world. And when we returned this trip, the trees were even bigger than ever. Truly amazing.
The entrance to the Gables...
Tree lined streets...
I think I take advantage now of all trees that surround me on a daily basis in Georgia. I have a forest in my backyard - literally. I guess that is why I love trees so much now - I didn't get to see them all that much back then. I obviously didn't see any hills either - which is why I love mountains so much now.
See what I mean? Trees were pretty lacking where I lived...
So even today, I am still enthralled with the Coral Gables trees...






1 Kind Words:
How old were you when Andrew hit? Is that why there were no trees left. I remember everywhere being barren...oh and no traffic lights. Or perhaps because Kendall was relatively "new"
I love the Banyan trees too.
Post a Comment