I woke up earlier than my other two peeps did on our first morning in Blue Ridge (Friday). I lounged around waiting for them to awaken, but it wasn't going happen on their own. After letting them sleep in, I finally had to get them up and going.
Once they got up, we all ate breakfast and sat on the back porch for a little while soaking in the fresh air...
Briana was trying to catch the falling leaves...
Doug, Bri and I drove into the little town of Blue Ridge around 11:30. We had been to Blue Ridge only one time before to ride the train two Christmases ago, but we had never walked around town...
So many cute shops...
I seriously can't take her anywhere...
Fancy little boutique shop. Bri found a cute black dress there...
Briana is always tickled to find items with her named spelled the way she spells it. The way we spell her name is actually a pretty common way to spell it, but in the south, almost everyone spells it with two "n"s. We found a key chain that day with her name spelled correctly...
Of course, we had to stop at the fudge store...
We grabbed a quick lunch and then headed over to the Coldwell Banker in the town...
I worked for Coldwell Banker in the Atlanta area for 7 years, and for 3 of those years, I worked for my broker June. She was a wonderful boss - she knew all about my infertility struggles and was very supportive. I was sad when she left my office to run the Coldwell Banker up in Blue Ridge. Since we were in town, I just had to stop by, say hello and finally have her meet Briana. I can't believe we hadn't seen each other in person in 11 years...
She looked great and it was so good catching up in person (and not just on FB).
After spending several hours in the town, we got tired and wanted to head back to the cabin. We made another quick stop at the local W@lmart to get some food to cook for dinner and pick up a couple of fishing poles...
Bri was so excited...
They just used bread for bait. First, Doug caught a really small fish and threw it back.
A short while later, this happened for Briana...
She caught a nice-sized fish...
"Mommy!! I caught a fish!!!"
She caught a beautiful rainbow trout. It was moving around pretty good and it managed to jump off the hook/line...
Doug threw it back in the river after I snapped all the pictures.
Doug caught two more fish about this size...
Briana was definitely the winner in the fish catching competition that day. Heh. Beginner's luck I'd say.
We stayed in for the evening - grilled some burgers and chilled out.
The next day was apple picking day!












1 Kind Words:
sounds like a great time and fun memories being made.
Post a Comment