What is something fun to do on a cold rainy day? Build Legos of course!
Doug and Briana built a "Black Panther" head from instructions that Doug found on the internet...
Building away...
It turned out so cool...
We needed a few grocery items for the trip back home the next day, so we took a quick drive. After getting the items, Doug suggested stopping at a small nearby fudge shop...
The shop was super cute and the fudge was so good. I got maple walnut, Bri got peanut butter chocolate and Doug got Valentine's cake.
It rained pretty much all day, but right before sunset, it stopped. The most gorgeous sky appeared...
It started out more orange...
Then it became a bit more pink...
Just breathtaking.
We decided to order in one more nice meal for our last night.
And that's when hiccup number 3 happened.
We ordered from a place called WiseGuys.
Come to find out, it was their first night doing delivery. We placed our order online through the delivery service. We waited quite a while for our meal and when it came, my dinner was missing. I had ordered a scallop and mushroom risotto.
Doug jumps on the phone immediately to complain. The hostess passes him to the manager - who then passes him off to a woman bartender who tells Doug she accidentally skipped my meal. She said she would send someone back out immediately.
We wait and wait. No one shows.
Doug calls back again for a status and gets a guy bartender on the phone. He checks to see if the order was sent out. He comes back to the phone and just says yes. Doug asks him how long ago. He leaves again and comes back and says it left the restaurant 15 minutes before.
We wait and wait. No one EVER showed up. At all.
That guy straight up lied to us. Doug tried to call one more time asking for the manager who never came to the phone. Just horrible. We finally gave up. I ended up eating the starter soup I ordered and some of the appetizer lobster risotto Doug had ordered. And then I threw together a salad. I was pretty ticked I never got my risotto.
(Doug did write some bad reviews online about this place. And he disputed the charge for my meal on his credit card).
This was the food that actually showed...
Everything was a bit cold but could be warmed up. Bri got a steak and mac n cheese and Doug got chicken and waffles. The chicken was delicious I have to say (Doug offered me some of his dinner). But, the service that night was a massive thumbs down. I absolutely do not recommend.
Doug chuckled a bit that my order was the one that didn't show up. He has witnessed the bad luck that follows me around quite often. It's something I'm still not used to.
It was kind of a bummer that was our last dinner in HH. Oh well.
We then watched newest episode of WandaVis!on and then headed to bed.
We had a bit of a drive the next day...
















0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment