Well, I'm about to blog about our winter break vacation.
We rented a cabin in Blue Ridge and were looking forward to a laid-back, restful trip. Instead, we all got sick. Really sick.
There were definite signs from the universe telling us not to attempt this trip, but we ignored them and went anyway.
First, Doug had already been battling bronchitis for a couple of weeks. He was armed with antibiotics and steroids, but unfortunately, he still struggled a lot on the trip and ended up with a second round of meds to finally knock his sickness out.
Second, the first cabin we originally booked fell through a couple of days before we left. The family that owned the cabin all of a sudden decided they didn't want to rent it out anymore even though we had already booked it several weeks in advance (we booked through a rental agency). We quickly found the cabin we ended up staying at, but the whole thing was a bit stressful.
Third, the night before we were going to leave I started feeling sick. I felt hot all night and just not right. I kept trying to convince myself it was nothing - but it was not nothing. I started coughing - a lot. Luckily, I brought a bunch of cold meds with me just in case I needed them - and I did.
Finally, winter break felt more like spring break. The temps were in the 70s that week. Now, I know a lot of people enjoy those temps. But, we were on winter break. I was looking forward to a building fire and bundling up in a blanket. Um, not so much that week.
Bri was the last one to get hit with the crud. You can see it on her face...
It was a tough trip. Luckily, we were in comfortable surroundings. But, we really didn't get to rest. We were basically surviving - and it kind of sucked. We did try to make the best out of it and did have some nice moments. That is what I will try to concentrate on in my next few posts.



0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment