June 28, 2019

Maui Vacation 2019 - Day 2/Kula Lodge and Restaurant

We were definitely getting hungry after getting up so early for the sunrise. One of Doug's co-workers suggested we stop at the Kula Lodge and Restaurant for breakfast. I also saw it was highly recommended on several Maui travel websites. It took about 50 minutes to get to the restaurant from Haleakala...

It was so beautiful there. The Jacaranda trees in the parking lot were covered in purple flowers...


Entrance to the lodge...


Pretty stained glass window...


The restaurant was so quaint and rustic...



This sweet puppy greeted the customers as we came in...

The restaurant was quite empty, so we got a perfect table with a gorgeous view...


This was seriously the most delicious pineapple juice I have ever had...

Bri needed her hot chocolate and whipped cream fix...


The breakfasts were enormous and delicious.

I had crab cakes benedict (it was amazing)...

Bri had a cheese omelette...

 Doug had the banana pancakes with coconut syrup...

It was fun listening to the Hawaiian music play...


We didn't realize there was a beautiful garden in the back of the lodge until we got there. We took a stroll through it after we ate...

The color was gorgeous...

Outside eating area...





 We were the only people in the garden at that time - it was so peaceful...







I had to say goodbye to our sweet furry friend before we headed out...

On the drive back to the hotel, we saw these huge windmills in the distance...

The restaurant was so delish and the garden was so beautiful, I just had to give it a separate post!

1 Kind Words:

Debbie said...

What a lovely place....seems so calming to be there. I would have gone for the pancakes too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails