September 20, 2008

The State Fair (Part 1 - The Bungee Experience)

This is how much fun Briana had at the fair Friday night...

Briana had the best time a child could possibly ever have last night at the North Georgia Fair. She rode all sorts of rides (well, the ones she was tall enough for). When we first drove up to the fair and she looked out the window, saw all the rides and started to clap. She didn't even know what we were really going to do, but she knew it looked like mega fun. Now, I have a lot of pictures of the fair that I want to share, but I am going to focus this post on one particular ride because it was the ride Briana liked the best. The Bungee. We kept passing the kids bouncing on bungee cords and Briana wanted to do it SOOOO badly. Begging. Pleading. The sign said anyone could bounce from 20 pounds to 200 pounds. She is 24 pounds - so she fit the bill. I caved. As she was being catapulted into the air, people were gathering around and watching. A photographer started taking pictures (have no idea where they will end up). It was about the funniest thing I ever saw - which you will hear on the video I took of her.

Ok, here she is suiting up.

Boing!

Woo Hoo!!!!

Higher! Higher!!

Yeehaw!!!!

The girl assisting Briana in her flight experience kept asking Briana if she wanted more. Briana kept shaking her head yes. After a number of jumps, I finally had to make Briana stop. And get this, Briana is such a diva, her sunglasses stayed on the whole time.

When we left the ride, there was a family that stopped us and said they couldn't believe how little Briana was and how much fun she had on that ride. I told them I couldn't believe it either!!! Ok - here are two videos. I was laughing so hard in the first one I could barely breathe. Briana just amazes me everyday...





More pictures of the fair to come...



25 Kind Words:

Kim said...

LOVE the pictures..
Love the video..
I can't believe that she will do that..
that is GREAT..
Have a Great Sunday..
hugs..

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Can you say NO FEAR???

OMG Lisa...I am hysterical...I cannot believe how high she went...that is the funniest thing I have ever seen....and the sunglasses stayed on the entire time...this needs to go to America's F*nniest H*me Videos!!!

Nick is sitting here with me and we both watched it...he was laughing like crazy!

Can't wait to see more of Bri at the fair!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Nerves. Of. Steel.

(I'm speaking of the carnival people, of course. We already know Briana's an adrenaline junkie.)

Catherine said...

That's hilarious!! I can't believe how high she went and how much she loved it!! Sure hope momma and daddy are ride lovers as it looks like you have a daredevil on your hands!

So glad you gave it a try when she enjoyed it so much. Tooo cute!!

I already can't wait to show my niece this video - she's going to love it!

Lisa and Tate said...

What a little jumping bunnie! So cute and much more brave than me!! Love the first photo.... needs to be on a wall somewhere.

Lisa

Chani's Bow Making Mama said...

Wow! She really got some air time there.

Unknown said...

Oh man! It llooks like she had the time of her life!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness- I can't believe my eyes!!! What an amazing sight to see her on the bungee... was your stomach in your throat? So glad you all had such a fun time!!!

Angela and Jay said...

That is so funny! You go, Briana! That girl just loves life!

Anonymous said...

OMG - she is soooo brave!!!!

Ms. Fricknfrack said...

Get out of here! You so have to put one of those things in your backyard. Go Briana Go!!!

stephanie
http://mubarek.wordpress.com/

C's Mom said...

Holy smokes! I LOVE that sense of adventure. She could be on a "No Fear' website ;0)

Julie said...

OMG! What a little dare devil!

Unknown said...

When I first saw the pic on bloglines, I thought it was photoshopped. How fun is that?

JoAnn in NJ said...

Wow!
Love the photos and from everything that you've written of Briana's love of jumping, this was right up her alley.

Good for you for letting her enjoy this and cheering her on...that probably wasn't so easy!

She's an amazing girl! Great job Mom!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness that looks fun (and scary at the same time). Boy you sure have a daredevil on your hands!! Briana really has no fear does she...Noah is like that, and it scares me, what he will teach Maddy when we bring her home!! I am sure she is going to want to try everything her big brother does.
Looks like you all had a great time at the fair!!

Anonymous said...

Methinks I need to take Miss B mountain biking!!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

She is crazy! I can't believe she is such an adventure seeker! What fun!

Donna said...

What an adventurous little girl! Emma won't go near those things - although she loves to watch.

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Wow did she love that or what..and she looked so cute in those shades!

Your laughing is totally contagious in that first video!

M,R,J1,J2 said...

Wow Briana! Way too go! She's a little daredevil! She's a lot braver than I would be.
Hugs,
Micha

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

That is so funny! What a sight! I know Ally would love that - not sure how I would do! Good for you - what fun!

Lisa~~ said...

What a great piccie!! Love the video too, Bri is such a little daredevil.

Steffie B. said...

HILARIOUS....Sophia would LOVE that! ;)

Special K said...

That first pic with just the blue sky behind her and that big smile is amazing. I just love it! I can't believe her sense of adventure. What a little daredevil. Watching that put a smile on my face. Thanks for sharing. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails