I've gone to the mall a number of times with Briana now, a few times with my mom and a couple times with Doug. All of those times have been great. I went to the mall once on my own with Briana to let her just play at the indoor playground. But it wasn't until yesterday, that Briana and I had a real shopping day - just the two of us.
I actually had not intended to spend the morning at the mall. Bri had received some blue jeans for her birthday, and a security tag had not been removed. I went directly to the store to get the tag removed and Briana decided she wanted to look for some clothes. We ended up with three cute shirts for under $20. Then Bri played at the indoor playground for a short time. She got hungry and we went to the food court. Did my kid want chicken nuggets or pizza? Heck no, Lo Mein noodles all the way. That's my girl.
I watched Briana closely wolf down her noodles. She sat at the table like a big girl. We enjoyed our food and chit chatted. She told me she didn't like the cabbage in her noodles. We talked a little about school and other things. At that moment, I really felt like I was having a "girl day" with my daughter. Just like I had with my mom as a kid. Briana is getting old enough now to enjoy shopping, eating and talking. All those years I yearned for a child. Wishing I had what others had. Now I have it too. And it's even better than I imagined because Briana is my daughter. And Briana is awesome.

After lunch, we hit the D!sney Story and B@th and B@dy Works. I asked if she wanted to get going or do more shopping. She says more shopping! I've created a monster. So we hit an earring store and a H@llmark store and topped the day off with a sprinkle cookie. Then we decided to call it quits for the day. (With all the kids back at school, the mall was practically empty. That's how I like it.)It was nice to have a relaxing day after the stress of starting school last week. Of course I know last week was much harder for me than for Briana. Speaking of school, Briana had another good day today. I am so relieved. Here she is on her way to school today...
I'm one lucky mama.

13 Kind Words:
I had similar experiences with the boys. When it was just Ben, and he was so disconnected and not verbal, I would be with him and it was lonely. Every other parent could talk and do things with their child. When Jack finally came along and was Bri's age, things were so different and I kept thinking "This is what I was waiting for." I am not saying it was the same thing as what you have been through, but I know what you are talking about. And you are right, Brianna is a great kid :)
LOVE this post.. I am sooo glad you had a great Mother-Daughter day at the mall..
love the photos..
Have a great week..
Sounds like a great day, I love doing the same with Maisie and it's amazing to see them grow up.
What a beautiful post!! You have such a way with words! I've done the same with Katie and it is SO much fun! But, in her case, we have to shop for shoes...
Oh how fun!! Glad you guys had such an incredible day!
Love the pics of her in the sidebar!! Did you take those?
I love the pictures and her little lips around the mouth full of noodles too cute!! I"m glad you girls had a great day, I can't get my boy to the mall it's just not cool for him to walk around with Mom at the mall. Not unless Mom buys him a toy..lol.
Have a great week!
You are one lucky Momma:)
What a great "girls day"! She is so cute eating her noodles.
They are really at a fun age right now.....there little personalities are in full force:)
Have a great day!
Lisa
Hmmm... shopping... yeah... but I do love those OTHER special mother/ daughter moments. Heh.
And I knew Briana would ease into school. That incident on the first day? Totally brought about by a certain someone who stands over four feet tall. And I say this as a teacher, not a momma bear.
I can relate to this post, because I love these kind of times with my own girls. Plus they are lo mein girls as well!
Thanks for sharing your day. Brianna is awesome, and I can tell that you appreciate her like only someone who has had to live through the heartbreak of infertility and waiting can understand. I am still there...waiting for my little one, but for now, I live through other people's experiences. Some day soon I hope to be able to be a lucky mama with a full hear, just like you.
Sounds like a great shopping day!!
Keep smilin!
It is always a little bit special when you get to enjoy something you waited so long for. Glad you had such a lovely day together - the first of many shopping trips no doubt :)
I love this post!!! Today I'm logged in for 3 years and have been feeling really down. I cried reading this post - because I was sad for myself, and then I smiled. Because I know my day will come and I can't wait!!
Glad to hear that it was all that you dreamed it would be :o)
Post a Comment