In October, Bri and I joined friends Amy, Mary, Laura and Ella at the Fox to see "School of Rock: The Musical."
From 2011 to 2013, Briana took a Chinese dance class. She and her friends enjoyed it so much. Bri's teacher Sandra did an amazing job teaching the girls. Her daughter Leanne was in the class as well. Sadly, Sandra and Leanne moved away and the class ended. But, I will always be grateful that Bri had the experience...
Bri and Leanne...
I connected with Sandra on FB a few years ago and I have been keeping up with her adventures. One day, Sandra announced that her daughter Leanne auditioned and got the role of Katie (the bass player) in the touring production of "School of Rock." I also found out that the show was coming to Atlanta. I let my friend Amy know the exciting news (Amy's daughter Mary had been in the Chinese dance class too) and she said we should totally go. We contacted my friend Laura (her daughter Ella also took the class) and she was on board too. We just had to see Leanne perform!
Bri was excited as we headed out...
Bri and Mary in front of the Fox...
Ready to go find our seats...
The Fox Theater...
Ella's arrival...
Leanne in the program...
You can't take pictures during the performance, but here is a shot from a magazine...
The show was amazing!! Leanne was SO amazing! She sang, danced and played the bass like a total rock star.
I'm so glad we got to see her perform. It is pretty cool to be able to say "I knew her before she became a big star!" Definitely an afternoon to remember!













0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment