October 17, 2022

NYC Trip 2022 - Day 2/John's Pizzeria and Broadway

We woke up a little later on Sunday morning and lounged around our hotel a bit. We thought it would be a good idea to eat an early lunch (skipping breakfast) since we were going to eat an early dinner before we went to the theater. Briana was very excited to see Beetlejuice that evening.

We headed out of our hotel around 10:45am to go find some NY pizza. A must!

We went to John's Pizzeria the second time we were in NYC, and it was delish. We decided to head there again.

It was a beautiful morning in Times Square...


Do any of you remember when I got bumped into by the "Naked Cowboy?" It was during our first visit to NYC. 

Well, we spotted him on the street and no bumping into him! I managed to snap a few photos of him this time...

We arrived at John's Pizzeria and were seated in the very front of the restaurant looking out the window (we sat in the two story section last time). It was a perfect table!

 The restaurant was built in an old abandoned Tabernacle Church, so it has a lot of amazing history.

Our table next to the window was situation directly across from the Majestic Theater where Phantom of the Opera plays (we saw that on our first trip). I spent a lot of time looking at the theater during our lunch because not only was that Briana's very first Broadway show, Phantom is closing in February. It is the end of an era. I'm so grateful we were able to see it in such a beautiful place. I'm so sad it is closing and I'll never forget that experience.

We ordered a pepperoni pizza and Caesar salad and it was as delicious as I remembered...


After lunch, we decided to walk around the Broadway theater district for a while and try to find the hotel where Beetlejuice was playing.

 We love the theater district...

The Kite Runner is closing soon...

It was literally the last day of the "Dear Evan Hanson" run...

The new Neil Diamond show, "A Beautiful Noise," is opening in a couple months (I saw him in concert!)

Hamilton! We saw that one!

So many amazing shows (sadly a lot of shows will be closing early next year)... 


"Wicked"!

We finally spotted the "Marriott Marquis" where "Beetlejuice the Musical" plays...

 

We didn't realize we would come across an amazing wall with a ton of fan art...


It was really something to see!

After spending quite a bit of time walking around the district, we headed back to our hotel. Back through Times Square...


Up to the 50th floor...

Resting in the room...


Doug had the Panthers/Giants game on. I'm not a football person, but it was cool watching the Giants win in NY.

Then it was time to get dressed and head to the Broadway Lounge for dinner and then to the show.

Briana dressed and ready to go...

We were getting very excited about our evening.
 
Dinner and Beetlejuice next...

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails