Day 4 of our Brasstown Valley vacation landed on a Sunday. We had a buffet breakfast at the resort that morning (sadly, it was only mediocre) and I took a few pictures of Miss B in her pretty dress...
We were a hop, skip and a jump from the NC border, so we headed to a quaint town we had heard about - Murphy, NC.
We found a really cool antique shop and walked around there for the longest time...
We found a really cool antique shop and walked around there for the longest time...
Unfortunately for us though, it was Sunday and everything was closed. Ugh. The only thing open was the antique shop and a few restaurants. So, it was kind of a bust. At least we did find the antique shop and walking around that was a lot of fun. Since nothing was really open, we headed back to the hotel.
Doug had some work to do and Bri wanted to watch a Spiderman movie marathon that afternoon, so I left them in the room and I walked to the swings that sit on the resort property...
Doug had some work to do and Bri wanted to watch a Spiderman movie marathon that afternoon, so I left them in the room and I walked to the swings that sit on the resort property...
The resort overlooks the golf course...
There are pretty bubbling streams...
I just sat and enjoyed my surroundings. It was a little warm outside, but I could handle it.
I've been battling anxiety since I got really sick last year. Something triggered inside of me and I find myself getting very nervous and anxious in certain (many) situations. Often times, it strikes me when I am away from home. I can't let anxiety stop my life, so I have to keep going. And because it is an internal struggle, people often can't recognize when I'm struggling. Or they can't even understand why I am struggling. I wasn't perfect on the trip, but because we didn't overbook ourselves and kept things "low-key," we had a very successful trip. I feel like I am slowly getting a grip on my anxiety, but it has definitely been a process. We don't have a fall break trip booked because (1) we have traveled quite a bit this year already and (2) I kind of just want to stay close to home right now. I'm definitely a work in progress.
After spending some time on my own, I headed up to the room and we just ordered room service for dinner.
I had the most delicious buffalo chicken soup...
After spending some time on my own, I headed up to the room and we just ordered room service for dinner.
I had the most delicious buffalo chicken soup...
And some yummy fried green tomatoes...
You all know that I am a total foodie, so it totally makes sense that I end my Brasstown Valley posts with pictures of food - lol!
We had such a nice time and it was great that it was not too far of a drive from where we live.
Our Brasstown vacation was not the only trip we took this summer. We made a short trip to Alabama as well, and I will talk about that next!
You all know that I am a total foodie, so it totally makes sense that I end my Brasstown Valley posts with pictures of food - lol!
We had such a nice time and it was great that it was not too far of a drive from where we live.
Our Brasstown vacation was not the only trip we took this summer. We made a short trip to Alabama as well, and I will talk about that next!














0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment