We made it! It is 7:30 AM in China and I am hungry for some breakfast! The flights were so long, and after 24 hours of travel, we got to Beijing at 9:00PM last night. You all won't believe this, but Monday I started getting sick with a head cold. I had been popping Airborne for several days before I got sick...and I still got sick. I felt like it was a cruel joke. I got on the plane yesterday feeling pretty crappy. But luckily we were in business class, so that made the flight much better. We flew 14 hours and then had a 5 hour layover in Tokyo, then another 3 hour flight to Beijing. We met up in Tokyo with one of our group members Jennifer and her brother and we all flew to Beijing together. I did check a bag, and it arrived in Beijing with no problems. By the time we got to the hotel, I felt like the walking dead.
The hotel we are staying at is SO nice! The room is beautiful. The bed is a little hard, but I had been warned that the beds in China were hard, so I expected it. After a nice shower, I climbed into bed and went to sleep.
Unfortunately, Doug has a cold too, so we have decided to skip seeing Summer Palace today and get some rest. I am already feeling a lot better this morning, so I think by tomorrow I should be ready to roll. Tomorrow is the Rickshaw tour, Saturday is the Great Wall, Sunday morning is Forbidden City and then we fly to Chongqing that afternoon. Monday is Briana Day!
Here is a picture of us with our guides Chandler and Cathy in the hotel lobby (I am looking pretty rough!).

Our room!

40 Kind Words:
Wow! Swanky digs! You look great, and I'm glad you're feeling better.
Wow! you are there :D I am so excitied for you. Lunch just wasn't the same without you there yesterday :D OMG ~ Briana is just around the corner!
Oh my god, you are really there!!! Oh man, that totally sucks that you guys aren't feeling well. I hope that it passes quickly. I've been waiting all day to see that you made it. So thrilled that you have.
AH! I am so excited for you! Keep up the posts! And get some rest, sweetie! You'll need all you can!!!
You look beautiful soon-to-be mama!
Rest up, you two.
I can't believe you're there. Wow. Surreal isn't it?
Hope you feel better soon. You have important business to attend to! Can't wait to see Briana.
The room looks great - it reminds me of rooms I have stayed at in Asia! Sorry you both have colds - bummer that you had to miss teh Summer Palace, but yes - best to rest up for Briana day! Wow - you are really there - I am so excited for you!! This gives me something to look forward to all week - your blogging! :) :)
Tracy
LID 11/22/05
I hope you feel better! The room is niiiice!
Keep smilin!
So glad you made it there and so glad you got to fly business class. One can only hope.
I sure hope the two of you start to feel better quick! Monday is just around the corner. Squeeeeeeee!
YEAH!!!
I am so excited that you guys are there.. Can't wait to follow your journey..Sorry to hear you aren't feeling to well.. Get some rest..
Can't wait for MONDAY.. it will be here before you know it..
Kim
SOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!!!!!!
You look fabulous!! It's kinsda funny that we just saw u on Saturday . . . & now you're in China!
Sorry you're sick - Rest up! Hope you're feeling better soon.
So happy to see you guys in China. Hope you feel better. Take care of yourselves!
Hello over there!! Cant wait to see the family photo!
WOO HOO girl, you made it!!!!! Rest up chickadee, Briana is on her way!!!
And Connie is right - you do look like a beautiful momma to be!
Sorry you are feeling so poorly, but it sounds as though things are looking up so that it good.
We are looking forward to following your journey, Lisa and Doug!
Drink a ton of water. Bottled. Take plenty of tylenol or advil. Believe it or not you will feel better. The air quality is so crappy. We were lucky we didn't get sick. Surprisingly since we really didn't eat. The food was so greasy..
Glad to hear you guys made it safe and sound. Let me tell ya, business class is the way to go. Hope you start feeling better soon. Only a few more days and you will have Briana in your arms!
Congrats on making it! Didn't the flight suck? At least you had business class. SO sorry you are sick. I was miserable being sick - and you have a long trip ahead. Good idea to skip the summer palace. It was nice - but not horrible if you miss. The Rickshaw ride is a MUST!
So glad you are there safe.
YES, you made it! Awesome!
Now get well and have tons of fun.
I'm so happy that you are this close to Briana!! So sorry that you are sick, I know all too well how much that su*ks but hopefully you'll both be feeling better soon and off enjoying all that you can.
Yeah!!! Happy to hear you arrived safely. Sorry you're feeling so punk. Not fun! Hopefully you're on the mend and will be all set when you meet your sweet Briana on Monday!
Yes, you made it ~ GREAT!!! Feel better and enjoy China! You both look great in the picture!
Thinking of you,
Micha
I am glad to hear you finally made it. Your room looks really nice! I hope you guys start feeling better soon.
Hope you're both feeling better soon. Get lots of rest! And enjoy all the sites - what a great opportunity to learn first-hand about Briana's country. How exciting that the big day is just around the corner!!
Lisa - You don't know me, I linked to your blog off of one I've been following after your "blogger bash"... but I know Jennifer who you is in your travel group! SMALL WORLD. I have to say I too have always thought of my adoption journey when listening to Broken Road and all I can say it is SO TRUE. God DID bless that road - without everything that came before, the timing of my adoption would not have been what it is and my daughter - that specific child - would not have been in my home if my timeline vs. God's had happened. And it is SO clear to me that she is my child - God knew better then me. May He bless you as you take this next exciting step of finally getting to meet your daughter! Oh yeah, I got sick the day I left for China too - hope you don't lose your voice too
Feel better and get some rest! So happy you're blogging this! :)
Sorry to hear you are sick. Hate you missed the Summer Palace. The rickshaw is fun. Enjoy as much as you can and take so many more pics than you think you need or should.
Beverly
Glad to hear you made it! Was thinking about you all day Tuesday & Wednesday. Can't wait to see more photos! Room looks great.
Hope you both are feeling better now and getting well rested for your big day! Counting down with you :)
Wow! In China - i'm so happy for you both. How excitied is that to be in China and before you know it your little one will be in your arms. Hope you both feel better soon.
Sherri
Nice room. Hope the both of you feel better ASAP.
How exciting you are hours away from Briana!!!!!
Welcome to China Lisa! I'm so glad we met before you left, you were FLOATING at Melissa's!! Please give your husband our well wishes, and here's to MONDAY!! (Hopefully I'll get to sneak to the work computer!!)...
Hope you both feel better quick!
Great to hear you arrived OK. Sorry to hear you're feeling sick...I was sick on the flight over too...but better to get it overwith now before you get Brianna. Can't wait to see Brianna in your arms.
Hope you guys are feeling better soon. Don't worry about the Summer Palace. I can always share my pics with you!! Hooray, Monday is Briana Day!! So happy for you two!!
Have fun and enjoy all it, it seems to go by so fast!!
This is sort of surreal! I was just giving you a hug on Saturday and now you are in China! Woooo HOOOOOO!!! :)
I hope you are both feeling better!
Oh my gosh! I've been lazy checking my favorite blogs lately, but today it occurred to me that you guys should be leaving for Briana soon and that I should see how close you were to traveling. Guess I'm a little a little out of it, huh?! Glad you got there safely, and hope you're both feeling better soon. I'll be checking your blog constantly now! ;)
You look beautiful! And you are in CHINA!!!! How awesome is that!
The beds are really hard for sure but the pillows and bedding is super soft. I slept better there than I have in my entire life! Your room looks so posh!
Hope you guys are feeling better really soon!
Yeah, um, still waiting for updates... don't you realize that you didn't go to China for YOU, you went to appease all of US! lol!!!
Love to you guys - can't wait for more posts!
wohooo you in CHINA!!!
safe and happy travel:)
mayrellen
Post a Comment