December 2, 2010

Disney Report - Hollywood Studios and The Osborne Family Lights

The Saturday before Thanksgiving and our last day in Disney was at Hollywood Studios! Above is the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights. One word - amazing. I've never seen so many lights in one place. But I'll get back to that. We headed into Hollywood Studios and went straight to the Pixar section of the park to get a fast pass for "Toy Story Mania." We missed it on our last trip and I really didn't want to miss it this time. At 8:45AM, the fast pass told us to come back to the ride at 2:30PM. Yeah,  no kidding...

So needless to say, we had a lot of time to get pretty much through the entire park before getting on the "Toy Story Mania" ride.

We went back to the "Little Mermaid Show." Loved it last year - still loved it this year...



Below is a picture of The Playhouse Disney Show. Briana huffed through the entire performance. Yep, my sweet Bri. She got ticked at something and decided to pout through the entire show. I was not happy to say the least. I'll get into more detail in my "Great Things" and "Hiccups" list (next post)...

After the storm blew over (meaning Bri getting in trouble), we headed to the Studio Backlot Tour...


Then we hit the "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" playground...

One of my favorite parts of the day was eating lunch at the "Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater." It was like eating in a drive-in movie. Old Sci-Fi movie trailers and space-themed cartoons were being shown - it was really cool!





And a very exciting part of our day was meeting up with one of Doug's best friends, Jimmie (Bri calls him "Uncle Jimmie") and Jimmie's nephew Zach...

Jimmie and Zach went to hit the Rockin' Roller Coaster while Doug and I took Bri to see "Beauty and the Beast"...




We met up again in time to have a picture with Mickey...

And get a picture with Lotso...

Oh - let me back up a minute. After we finished with Beauty and the Beast, we headed to Toy Story Mania for our 2:30PM time. The ride was shut down due to a technical problem with no time as to when the ride would be back up. WHAT?? I couldn't believe it. We tried to wait around a while to see if the ride would open again, but it didn't - so we walked the park a little more. We returned an hour later and the ride was back open. It was fun, but honestly, not worth waiting all day for...

Finally, it was getting dark and the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights were to come on at dusk in the "Streets of America" section of the park - which was at about six o'clock. So we waited...

And it was amazing! The lights and music came on and the fake snow started to fall. Check the video at the end - it was really something!









We looked at the lights for about 10 minutes and left. We were so tired from being at the park all day (and Bri didn't nap that day) and we were heading out the next day to visit Doug's aunt in Ponce Inlet. My next post is my final thoughts on our trip and then I'll talk about our visit to the beach. :)

6 Kind Words:

Kim said...

Amazing PHOTOS..
Love it..
Looks like sooo much fun..
Have a great week.
Hugz..

Michelle said...

We are lucky to get to go to Disneyland on a regular basis but I haven't been to DisneyWorld since I was kid, so I am loving these posts.

Wendy said...

OK, when I first saw the post title today I thought, "Wow! Ozzy Osborne does light shows now? Who'da thought?"

You are like the documentary queen of the world. I feel like if I just show all your videos and pictures of Disney to Lily she will never need to go.

And I'm still convinced Briana is the most smiley photogenic kid on the planet.

Lovely thoughts on TM's post today, too.

kitchu said...

looks like you guys had SUCH an amazing time!! next time we'll have to meet up since it's right down the road from us :)

Ani said...

We saw the Osborne Family Lights a couple of years ago - WOW!
Happy weekend.

Liene said...

The Osborne Family lights are amazing. That was one of the best parts of our trip last year. And the snow! I can't believe they made it snow. We could've stayed so much longer watching the lights but had dinner reservations to get to.

We loved Toy Story Mania. Maybe not completely worth the wait but a great ride.

Related Posts with Thumbnails