March 15, 2019

Day 1 - Phantom Of The Opera

BROADWAY!!!! We were so freaking excited! It was our first time and we were thrilled!

Bri had been talking about wanting to see "Phantom of the Opera" forever. So, we just HAD to take her to see it on Broadway. I really hoped she would like it, and I hoped she would be able to follow the story.

It plays at the Majestic Theater...

B was all smiles...

Just about the enter the theater...

Doug got the biggest kick out of his wine sippy cup...

Let's get the show on the road...

The theater was so beautiful...

I love the chandelier...



I'm not sure how many of you have seen Phantom, but if you have, you know the chandelier is a very integral part of the musical. During the prologue, the chandelier is on the ground and then it rises up quickly as the dramatic organ music is playing (the overture). When that happened, I actually saw Briana gasp. I love how she reacts to things!! Doug and I had seen Phantom in Atlanta years ago, but honestly, nothing compares to Broadway. It just took my breath away.

(If you want to see a clip of the rise, I found a short video on YouTube - https://youtu.be/VwHVFhbJUSk)

The audience is asked not to take photos of or record the performance, but I found some photos online of the actual cast that we saw (They were superb, especially the Phantom. His voice seriously made me cry)...





 Briana absolutely LOVED every second of it. She said seeing Phantom was her favorite part of the whole trip.

It was neat to walk out of the theater and see Times Square at night...



Well, we had to get a snack...

How could I not try a vendor hot dog?


Bri got a giant pretzel...

She said it was just "meh." I think it wasn't too warm...

Back to the hotel...

We had a full day planned for the next day, so we had to get some sleep!

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails