March 8, 2011

Mall Of America Adventures

When we arrived on Friday afternoon, we checked into our hotel and then headed over to the Mall of America to have dinner with Leah, her brother Tyler and her mom and dad Amy and Dion. Doug and I visited Minnesota and the MOA back in 2006 when we attended our travel meeting, and it felt so surreal to be back there with Briana in tow...

Here are the girls seeing each other for the first time...

Immediate hugs. They became friends instantaneously...

Having fun in the Lego store...



More hugs...

Dinner at Rainforest Cafe. The girls loved the frog...

Some hand holding...


We started to wander around "Nickelodeon Universe" after dinner, but Leah and family needed to head out. Doug, Bri and I were thinking of it too, but Bri started to beg to ride some rides. You all KNOW that Briana loves her rides. And we are not really sure when we will make it back to Minnesota, so she got to ride some rides...




Below is a picture of the "Splat-o-sphere." I was terrified to let Bri go on it, but I wasn't about to do it. She was tall enough to go on it alone, so Doug and I let her. I was having a total heart attack, but she loved every second of it...


Look how little she looks on it...

Wanna watch her ride? She smiled through the entire ride...



She rode it twice. A total adrenaline junkie.

It was a wonderful evening and it was so great to catch up with Leah's family. I can't believe we had not seen each other in 3.5 years. Next post - favorite photos of the adoption reunion.

8 Kind Words:

Debbie said...

My word! My tummy is "flipping over" watching B on that ride! Love her cute top. Dx

Jennifer said...

Now, that little girl knows how to have a good time!!

Tracy said...

So bummed we missed you in MN...of all times for us to go on vavation! Bri is officially braver than Charlotte...the splat ride made Charlotte cry!!

Lindsay said...

My stomach feels sick just watching that ride go up and down. Briana is fearless!

Sherri said...

We were there as well back in 2006 for our East Meets West Conference! I just love the MOA! And we didn't even see the whole thing.
Brianna sure does know how to have a good time, that's my kindof kid who loves to ride rides!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Now that was a FUN meeting place!!!

Ani said...

OMW! she's fearless! gotta love the conversation with the lady next to you :-)

Julie said...

Neato!

Related Posts with Thumbnails