My final post. I actually love blogging about my trips because I am able to reminisce about and almost "relive" my experience.
I have to admit - after several days of touring around Newport (and eating way to many delicious meals), we were pooped.
I said to Doug after visiting the last lighthouse, "I am so tired. I don't think I can go one more place or eat one more huge meal." He said, "I'm canceling the reservation and we are just sticking around here."
There was a bathtub in our suite, so Doug suggested that I take an aromatherapy bath to help me unwind. He had noticed all the available aromatherapy scents at the reception desk. I was against it at first, but then I thought - what the heck. So, I picked out a scent I wanted to use (the de-stress one - sounds like me, right?)...
Then, housekeeping came up and drew the bath for me. She even lit candles! Yikes - I'm never this fancy! It was quite relaxing (though I do have a really hard time turning my mind off because it's always racing!)...
After I freshened up, Doug and I headed down to the hotel restaurant for our last dinner in Rhode Island. Look at all the sun we got...
Our last nighttime view...
Maurice was working that night and we got to thank him and say goodbye...
Doug got a seafood platter...
I went for another pizza...
Doug and I split some lobster bisque (seriously, one of the best I've ever had)...
After dinner, we walked to the fire pit and talked for a little while...
Then it was time to turn in.
We got up in the morning (Day 6), had some breakfast and drove to the airport. When I got in the car at the hotel to head to the airport, I seriously started tearing up. I had such a wonderful time. I didn't feel ready to go home and get back to reality. Of course I missed Bri, but I didn't miss my responsibilities.
Doug gets so busy with work and I get so wrapped up with trying to be "supermom" sometimes, we just don't always find the time to talk and catch up with one another. I told him I was going to miss him because I knew life was about to go back to "normal."
Also, you all know I had experienced some "big time" anxiety toward the end of last year. Sickness spurred all of it and to be honest, I still battle anxiety each and every day. I was very worried I wasn't even going to be able to go on a 20th anniversary trip with the way I had been feeling. Not only did I go, it went perfectly and I had a wonderful time.
Believe me, I don't take for granted how blessed we are to be able to go on an amazing vacation like this. Doug and I will hopefully get to go away again alone together in another 5 years. Not sure how he'll top this trip though. LOL!
When we got home that afternoon, I was super happy to see my sweet girl and give her a big hug.
Thanks for reading along. Now back to your regularly scheduled Briana programming. ;)
We got up in the morning (Day 6), had some breakfast and drove to the airport. When I got in the car at the hotel to head to the airport, I seriously started tearing up. I had such a wonderful time. I didn't feel ready to go home and get back to reality. Of course I missed Bri, but I didn't miss my responsibilities.
Doug gets so busy with work and I get so wrapped up with trying to be "supermom" sometimes, we just don't always find the time to talk and catch up with one another. I told him I was going to miss him because I knew life was about to go back to "normal."
Also, you all know I had experienced some "big time" anxiety toward the end of last year. Sickness spurred all of it and to be honest, I still battle anxiety each and every day. I was very worried I wasn't even going to be able to go on a 20th anniversary trip with the way I had been feeling. Not only did I go, it went perfectly and I had a wonderful time.
Believe me, I don't take for granted how blessed we are to be able to go on an amazing vacation like this. Doug and I will hopefully get to go away again alone together in another 5 years. Not sure how he'll top this trip though. LOL!
When we got home that afternoon, I was super happy to see my sweet girl and give her a big hug.
Thanks for reading along. Now back to your regularly scheduled Briana programming. ;)







1 Kind Words:
Aw, so glad you got to spend some time together...
Post a Comment