March 18, 2019

Day 4 - Battery Park and Charging Bull

Doug, Bri and I decided not to visit Ellis Island on this first trip to NY. We were only going to be in NYC a few days and going to Ellis Island would have definitely taken a huge chunk of a day. But, we still wanted to see the Statue of Liberty, so Battery Park was a good alternative.

We had a quick breakfast at Starbucks and then it was off to the subway again to head to Battery Park. I have to say that I did not enjoy this particular subway ride. We were packed into the subway car like sardines. So, SO crowded. But, we survived it. Bri was finally able to sit down about halfway through the trip. 

She wasn't thrilled that I snapped a photo...

This was definitely our coldest day. Brrrrr.

We saw the Staten Island Ferry when we exited the subway station...


There is the Statue of Liberty in the distance...

We actually thought she'd be closer...

We were still happy to see her...

This is just how stinking cold it was that day - thank goodness it was sunny...

I'm actually quite grateful that we decided not to take the boat to Ellis Island that day. It was very windy and the boat was rocking quite dramatically. And the line to get on the boat was at least two hours long. No kidding!

Here is the boat rocking...


The East Coast Memorial at Battery Park...



 
Sitting for a minute to come up with a game plan of what to do next...

You can see above that Bri ended up taking my jacket. The one she had been wearing for several days (which is actually mine - she borrowed it) wasn't cutting it for her that day. So, we switched and she was much happier and warmer in my gray jacket. I don't know why she complained because I actually felt quite warm in the green one.

Doug really wanted to see the Charging Bull in the financial district and it was just a couple of blocks from the park.

There it is...



Now what I didn't realize is just how popular the backside of the bull is. People were waiting in line to touch the bull's, um, family jewels. It was really hilarious. People were cracking up. Doug had to get in on the touching action (Bri and I opted not to)...

Doug convinced us to at least pose in front of it...

This was probably the funniest part of our trip. And Bri got an interesting and unplanned anatomy lesson. See - you can always learn something. ;)

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails